Chapter 5

Wearing a frilly maroon dress was Hange, standing in front of the mirror and the hem of her gown twirling around.

"How do I look?" She says, smiling as she continued to marvel at the dress.

Levi just stared at her, "I can't believe you just called me a hundred times just to ask me to come over here in your..." He trailed off, glancing at all the clothes sprawled out everywhere, "...messy place." Looking at the smiling woman in front of him once again, all the complaints flew outside the window as he sighed in defeat. "You don't look bad."

Hange giggled, "Seriously? I'm not really into dresses and it's my first time wearing one. I don't look weird, right?"

"No." The answer was firm, averting his eyes at the coy smile. "Now, let me excuse myself. I need to change too."

"Okay, come fetch me here two hours later. A stylist will come here to put makeup on me."

"Oh?" Raising an eyebrow, he mocked the brunette, "You think those dirty shits would at least make your face look decent, four-eyes?"

Laughing, Hange shook her head, "Of course not. It's what Historia requested. She knew I'd really go to that ball of hers wearing my casual clothes. She arranged all of this beforehand. Such a kind kid, right?"

"Still a brat." Levi countered, exiting out of the room.

Four days ago, after that rendezvous in the first hotel the two bandmates stayed at, Historia soon contacted them to move into the hotel she had reserved.

Not wanting to repeat the same mistake again, the thoughtful woman even had to arrange a limousine to come to fetch them.

Entering his room, Levi suddenly remembered the letter left on the night standee situated at the side of his bed.

He knew it was from Historia but he was too busy and tired to open it.

Looking back, it felt like the raven-haired man had already been into each corner of England seeing how much time he spent under the sun with that four-eyed shithead dragging him out everywhere.

He sighed, grabbing the letter and unfolded it.

His eyebrow furrowed at what's inside of it.

Dear Mr. Ackerman,

First of all, I'd like to apologize.
I did not get one room for both of you. I'm sorry for separating you two.

Sincerely,
Historia Reiss

"Tch. That brat." Crumpling the paper into a ball, he threw it in a trashcan. "Outrageous things from outrageous brats."

Feeling a little bit irritated, Levi went to take a bath and wore the suit that Historia has prepared for him.

Inspecting the clothes, the raven-haired man realized how great the brand was as he ran a hand on the fabric, satisfaction on his face.

"Hmm, not bad." Moreover, he hanged it back and stared at it. "Pretty thoughtful for a kid."

---

"I can almost feel dizzy imagining all the people inside that manor." Hange suddenly says and Levi turned to her with a questioning look, "You see, Levi. I'm not really good with parties like this."

"I know." He answered, looking out the window of the limousine they're currently in. "But there are a lot of things you can learn from this kind of event, Hange."

The brunette stared at him, realizing that Levi has a point.

She then smiled at him sheepishly despite him not seeing it, "If I didn't know better, I'd say that you are comforting me, shorty."