56. Worth It

Him...

I killed the engine once we arrived at the precinct, walked over to Emma's door and opened it for her.

"I hope this idiot didn't get himself in too much trouble." I sighed, holding her hand and leading the way. We entered, asked the first person we saw and he pointed to a cell.

"Dude, what the fuck did you do?" I frowned when I saw his busted lip and black eye.

"Why did you bring her?" He waved at Emma, all sober now.

"What did you do?" She asked him, crossing her arms.

"It's a stupid fight, don't make a big deal out of it." He shruuged.

"Oh, it is a big deal, alright." Officer Ross, the one who investigated the break in, showed.

"Ms. Stinson." He nodded his head at Emma who murmured a soft 'Hi'.

"What did he do?" I asked him.

"He beat the shit out of a bartender and a bodyguard in a club a few blocks away. One of whom we might have to transfer to a hospital." Ross glared at Drake and so did Emma.

"Look, officer Ross.." I started but he cut my off, raising a finger.

"Save it. I don't want his ass here any more than you do. Just pay his bail and grab him on your way out." He rolled his eyes and I smirked, following him. I payed and thanked officer Ross as he unlocked the cell, and let Drake out.

"Let's go." I nodded my head at the door and three of us walked out.

"Oh, freedom." Drake took a deep breath of the chilly air and smiled in victory.

"Don't be a pussy, you've been there for ten minutes." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey!" Emma punched my arm, reminding me of her presence.

"Sorry." I mumbled as the asshole gave me an amused look.

"Why did you fight with those guys, Drake?" Emma asked him sweetly.

"I was drunk. Miserable, confused, and drunk as shit. They pissed me off." He shrugged.

"Nope. One badboy is enough for me. I won't even bother." She shook her pretty head as she walked back to the car, making me smile widely.

I'm the badboy she was talking about.

"Whipped." Drake murmured, following her to the car and I glared at the back of his head. We got in and drove back to Jake's.

"I'll get you some ice and you some coffee." Once we got inside, Emma pointed at Drake then moved her index finger to me before disappearing into the kitchen. I was glad she gave us some time because we needed to talk.

"Talk to me, dude." I patted his shoulder.

"Did she fill you in?" He asked, taking a seat and I followed.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Well, what do you want me to say? That I'm a coward. That I fucked up as badly as John had? Well, I am and I did. And even though the guilt and regret haven't left me a day since, I still never thought I would be stuck in a position where I have to make yet another decision." He shook his head in desperation and self loathing.

"Have you? Made a decision?" I asked, leaning back in my chair while he ran a hand through his hair.

"No. I fucking can't because I'm still a coward. Jessica and I were the happiest couple on the planet. She got me in a way no other woman ever had. She knew what I felt without even opening my damn mouth. She was fucking perfect. Never got fed up of my bad temper or jealousy or even the time I kissed another woman just because she drove me insane. I had always been a dick yet she always saw the good in me, you know?" He smiled and I knew exactly what he was talking about.