Epilogue

It's been a week since that day on the cliff, and i couldn't be happier.

Aaron and I are officially dating, Kyle is in jail for harassment, and everything is good.

Well, except for the fact that my friendship with Gabby has kind of deteriorated, and so has Gracie's friendship with her. I tried, at first, to be friends with her, but, in the end, I just couldn't see past the things she said to Gracie.

I have a feeling Gracie would've forgiven her, but Cole refused. He wouldn't let Gabby anywhere near Gracie, and Gabby gave up after a while.

Cole is good for Gracie. They're both silly to no end, but Cole is more mature and keeps Gracie from doing stupid things. And be makes her happy, which is always a good thing.

Jake and Ricky are... complicated.

Jake, apparently, has commitment issues, and is scared of being in a relationship with anybody. As a result, they've broken up a few times, only to get back together a couple days later. Ricky's been handling it pretty well, but I can tell he's close to breaking. He's more levelheaded than Jake, sure, but he's made more than a few rash decisions.

Giving me the keys to his car that day I got in the accident is on of them.

Speaking of the accident, Aaron finally told me the gist of what the argument was about, and my brain filled in the rest from there.

I'm such a huge idiot.

Well, Aaron's a bigger idiot than I am, but I'm still stupid.

I'm glad everything worked out, though; the rest of my life is coming together and I couldn't be happier.

"Cassie!"

"What?" I yell over my shoulder as I scrub at the dishes in the sink.

"Are you doing the dishes after I told you I would do them?"

I pause in my scrubbing, looking down at my arms, which have soap lathered up all the way to the middle of my forearm.

"Cassie?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you doing the dishes?" he says again, his voice sounding like it's coming closer.

That's when I panic.

"No," I say, frantically rinsing the plate in my hand and my arms and drying them on my clothes. "Why would I be doing that?"

I turn around and lean back against the sink just as Aaron comes into the doorway.

He rests his body against the doorway and shoves his hands in his pocket as he smiles at me.

"You were doing them, weren't you?"

Deflection time.

"Have I ever told you how hot you look with your hands in your pocket?"

His smile widens and his gaze slowly travels down my body, causing a blush to rise on my cheeks. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you look in sweatpants?"

I roll my eyes but can't stop the smile from growing on my face. "You're an idiot."

He just smiles at me. "And have I ever told you adorable you look with bubbles on your elbow?"

Fuck. Me.

Glancing down at my right elbow, I see the bubbles Aaron was talking about, and I cringe before letting out a sigh. "Okay, fine. I might've been doing the dishes."

"Why?" he asks, moving closer to me, stopping at the island and resting his arms on it. "My mom told you she would do them."

"Yeah, but, I was trying to be nice," I say as I wipe the bubbles of my arm with the towel. "She doesn't like me."