Chapter 2

Ch

Her eyes opened instantly, her mind alert, gazing to her left, she gasped as she saw the sleeping form of her boss lying beside her.

"Shit..." She quietly mumbled to herself, as she came to the realization that this all was not a dream.

Slowly, making sure not to wake him, she moved off the bed.

Quickly and quietly, she gathered her things in the dark, hoping that he would not wake up or that she would forget anything personal of hers.

Once she had dressed in her work gear, she grabbed the rest of her stuff and made her way out of the room, making sure to close the door quietly behind her, sighing in relief at not being caught.

Deciding to leave his apartment quickly, thinking that once she was somewhere far, she could think better of the consequences of being with him and hope that it would not end their working relationship.

After leaving the apartment building, she found a hotel nearby, reaching the room, she entered, slumping in defeat, as the realization of the situation crashed through her body.

How could this have happened? She asked herself, raking a hand through her long dark hair.

She thought back to the last time she had seen him in person, they had been working hard for the past week, when her boss received an emergency call.

Informing her that he had to go, but that she should stay over at his place, so that once he was done with the emergency, they could get back to work.

She did as she was told, it was not the first time, that he had been called out in an emergency, it was custom for him to come back, and they would continue where they left off.

As she entered his apartment, she came to a standstill when she saw Simone, a friend of the family sitting in the lounge, remembering belatedly that Luca had mentioned that his sister's best friend would be staying for a few days.

Groaning inwardly, she pasted a smile to her face and greeted the young woman. As the hours passed, she kept herself busy with some work and entertaining a bored Simone, now and then receiving text messages from her boss, saying that he had been delayed and that she should take the time to enjoy the peace and quiet of his place.

She scoffed, rolling her eyes in frustration, it clearly seemed he had forgotten his invited guest, she tried to remain awake, as the hours passed.

Simone had already given up waiting and retired to the only guest room in the apartment, leaving her no choice to sleep on the couch.

And, just as she was going to make herself comfortable, she received a text from him, stating that he would not make it, that she should go to bed and he would see her in the morning.

Too tired to think or argue, she decided to take advantage of his bed, taking out her nightgown from her bag, she donned it on and pounced on the bed, sighing in relief and tiredness, instantly falling asleep.

And now...gnawing on her bottom lip, as she nervously looked around her rented room, what was she going to do? What was he going to do?

That was the big question, did he even realize what they had done?

So many questions whirled around in her mind and no positive answers came to mind.

Moving away from the door, she decided to face facts, deciding to take a shower, clean herself up, make her way to the office, and wait for whatever came her way.

She would handle things as a grown-up woman and not an adolescent.