Chapter 3

Luca woke up slowly, stretching his large body, smiling to himself, he felt well rested and at peace.

It had been a long time since he felt like this, his body completely relaxed and sated.

Glancing to the side, he looked at the time on his alarm clock, it was already past midday, no wonder he felt so good, he had slept soundlessly for a couple of hours.

Getting up, he made his way to his shower, getting ready for a busy afternoon.

He was sure that his efficient PA was handling things well in his absence, his mind at ease and in no rush to leave.

Once showered and shaved, he made his way to his walk-in closet, donning on his business suit.

Moving in front of the mirror, tying his tie, his gaze wandered to the bed, stilling for a moment, as an image popped into his head, frowning he glared back at the bed, trying to decipher if it was real or not.

Moving towards the bed, he glanced down at the rumpled sheets.

"Fuck...!" He swore under his breath, as his eyes landed on the clearly visible evidence before his eyes, raking a hand through his hair, as he tried hard to remember the previous evening.

He thought it had all been a dream, yet here before him was the evidence that it was all so real.

The worst part of it, he could not remember the facial features of the woman he had bedded.

Shouting profanities at his stupidity, he paced the room, wondering what he was going to do and how was he going to find out who the woman was, without raising suspicions.

Deciding to discreetly ask his guards to check the comings and goings to his apartment for the past twenty-four hours, he left his room, only to freeze, when somebody flung themselves at him.

"You are finally awake!" An ecstatic Simone spoke up, giving him a tight embrace, smiling up at him.

It took a few seconds for Luca to remember that Simone had invited herself to stay at his place, while she was in town. Normally he avoided her, she was a pain in the ass, constantly trying to get his attention, the only reason he tolerated her, was that she was best friends with his sister.

"It's good to see you Simone, how are you?" He politely asked, as he extracted himself from her embrace, moving a step or two back, maintaining a civilized distance between them.

Simone pouted, "You know...bored out of my mind. I thought you would be here to entertain me last night. But all I had was that stupid PA of yours, she was no fun, I had thought to take the opportunity and spend some quality time with you." She stated, staring innocently and sweetly at him, hoping he would get the hint.

"Ah...sorry about that, an emergency came up." He replied distractedly, as his mind conjured up an image of long dark hair, frowning as he tried to place where he had seen it before.

"You know...she spoiled all our fun being here." She complained, placing a possessive hand on his arm.

Luca glanced down at her hand, frowning at her words, what did she mean by that, he wondered, his mind in utter turmoil at the turn events, he had woken up feeling refreshed and now he was back to square one, feeling all tense and ready to explode.

"Perhaps, later tonight we could continue our little visit..." She implied in a sultry tone.

"Not now...I have to leave right away. Business is busy, I suggest that you find alternative entertainment." He suggested lowly, stepping to the side and making his way out of his apartment, without a backward glance.

"You won't stay away from me forever...!" She spoke behind him, making him stop in his tracks at the exit, turning he stared at her for a moment, taking a good look at her, when realization dawned on him, she had long dark hair.