Chapter 5

Both men stared at each other for a moment, each coming to the realization to the ramifications of Luca's mistake.

"Any neither one of them gave you any indication of what transpired during the early hours of this morning?" Marcus queried, quirking his eyebrow, crossing his arms as he stared at his friend and Alpha.

Luca waved his hand, "Simone was being her usual bitchy self and Jade..." He shrugged his shoulders, "Was just that...her usual self." He stated, his mind in turmoil, wondering how his wolf had not even been aware of his environment.

"Well, that only leaves us one thing to do." Marcus spoke, "Werewolf pregnancy is noticeable within a week or so." He commented, "So, that means we need to keep a close eye on both of them till then, unless either one of them comes forward and makes her intentions known."

"Well this if fucking messed up!" He growled, raking his hand again through his hair, "One is a power hungry bitch and the other is..."

"Watch it...!" Marcus warned, "Jade might be a lot of things, but there isn't a mean bone in her body."

"I know that!" He growled back angrily, glaring at his friend, "If I have to choose between either of them, then I would take Jade in a heartbeat, I wouldn't even question how fate let this happen."

Marcus sighed in relief at his Alpha's declaration, "Then let's hope that she is the lucky one..." He stated, crossing his fingers and hoping that Jade was the one.

Luca nodded his head in agreement, "Even if she is the one, I still have to explain to her that we are werewolves and that she carrying my pup, after all she is human and is not aware of our world." He spoke lowly, his tone guarded and weary.

"One step at a time." Marcus reasoned, "Let's just take it one day at a time."

"Easy for you to say...!" Luca scoffed, "You have a loving mate and none of this messed up shit that I am in."

"Your are the strongest Alpha in the country." Marcus argued, "You suffered at the hands of your true mate, when she betrayed you, you survived that and more." Staring at his friend with sincerity, "You have been alone for more than five years, don't you think it's time that you embrace whatever fate has thrown at you and enjoy the gift the Moon Goddess has unwillingly bestowed upon you."

"Lovely...a possible future with the ever loving Simone!" Luca retorted back sarcastically, "Do you know the hell I will be living with, if it is her, hasn't the Moon Goddess punished me enough!"

Marcus shuddered in disgust, "Let's hope not...!"