Chapter 16

Luca lay on his bed, with Jade wrapped in his embrace, sleeping soundly, the doc had given her a mild sedative to help calm her down.

A knock on the door, brought his attention to the present, glancing at the door, he saw his mother poke her head around, "Is she alright?" She asked quietly, concern on her face.

"Yeah..." He responded, glancing at his mate with love, "The doc gave her something to sleep, it will help her to get some much needed rest."

Coming fully into the room, Carina made her way towards the bed, glancing at the pair, "I'm sorry that we blurted everything out without thought..." She stated, apologizing for everyone's stupidity.

Luca sighed, "You weren't the only one..." He spoke, guilt in his voice, "I also did the same..."

Carina patted his arm, "I guess we all messed up, do you think she will accept the bond after all of this?" She questioned him warily.

"She already has, tomorrow I will mark her, starting the process of her transformation." He elaborated, worry in his tone.

She smiled gently at him, "She is a strong woman, she will pull through."

"I hope so..." He muttered under his breath, "I cannot even think of the possibility of losing her or my pups, now that I have her in my life."

"We should remain positive," She declared firmly, "And I suggest that you get downstairs and get some sustenance." Halting his protest with a motherly glare, "You are going to need the energy and rest. The next day or two is not only going to be stressful for your mate, but you as well. So, while I stay here with your mate, you go and get some food."

"I promised her that I would never leave her..." He argued, still too stubborn to obey his mother's orders.

"She will be out of it for the next two hours or so. So get a move on and do what is necessary." Carina spoke sternly, not moving an inch.

Luca growled in frustration, feeling like a small kid being put in his place, giving his mother a glare. He placed Jade gently to the side, covering her up with a blanket, giving her a kiss on her lips.

Then stomping out of the room, his wolf howling at the loss of being near his mate.

Reaching the kitchen in a foul mood, grateful when a plate was placed before him in an instant, giving a nod of thanks to his friend.

"I knew the moment I saw your Mom go up to your room, that she would kick you out." Marcus kindly elaborated, smirking at the glare Luca gave him.

Luca only grunted, swallowing the food at a fast pace, choosing to ignore his friend's teasing.

"Though I would imagine it would be a lot worse, if her father had gone up." Marcus continued with his observation, "I mean you actually deflowered his precious little girl, before marking her or asking him for permission."

Luca gulped haphazardly, swallowing a piece of meat, coughing as it went down the wrong way.

Marcus sprang into action, hitting his back with force, trying to help dislodge the offending piece, "What the hell, dude...I didn't mean for you to almost choke."

"But I guess the deed is done..." A voice behind them spoke, both men freezing in their spot.