Chapter 19

~Foxy's POV~

I waited for Payton and Maddie to come. I was a little worried that Maddie was too scared. I want to see Maddie again. And I want Payton to fix my leg.

Mike had gotten fired, so at least I didn't have to protect him.

I had thought the manager would close for the day to fix Freddy, but instead they just opened a few hours later. During that time, they fixed all of them. And they couldn't spend any time on me...

Kids rushed in with their parents. They were eager to hear Freddy sing.

Why don't they ever get tired of that demented song?

I heard the manager talking to a construction worker about the new building.

"So, are you sure the budget can handle this?"

"Of course. With the recent increase in costumers, we have more than enough money for the job. We can get that cool puppet we wanted."

What's that puppet they're talking about?

"Even with the new guys?"

"Absolutely."

The new guys?

I thought about it for a while.

Are we getting replaced? But, why?

Then, I began to smile. I knew that I would never be fixed. I knew that I would never be loved by lots of kids again, even if I did have Maddie.

Freddy and his friends are going to learn what it's like to be out of order.

Maddie walked in with Payton. She was a little wobbly, but she was doing fine with her injuries.

"I guess I have to fix up you're leg. What happened?" Payton asked.

"Freddy happened." I didn't say anything else, hoping she wouldn't ask for more details.

She got to work, fixing my leg in a few hours.

"There. You're good to go."

"Thanks Payton. Well, Maddie. Are ye ready to play pirate?"

"Yep." Maddie said cheerfully.

I was careful when we played together. I didn't want to hurt her.

When the place started to close, the girls left.

I looked out on the stage. I could tell that Freddy and his friends were mad because of their replacements. Then I thought about it.

So, I'm never going to be loved again. I'll never come back to the stage. Somebody else will be loved instead...