Chapter 25

Luca kept a protective arm around his mate's waist, as they finally stood before the crowd, alert to any threat surrounding them.

As the cheering and whispering finally died down, "Thank you all for your warm welcome," Luca finally spoke, smiling at the people before him, "The Moon Goddess bestowed a special gift upon me, not only giving me my precious mate, but giving me the chance at fatherhood..."

There was a collective gasp around the crowd, as his words registered.

Then one by one, the crowd began to clap and shout out their congratulations, quite a few people elated for the Alpha pair.

Jade and Luca smiled, as everyone rejoiced in the news.

Lifting his hand, to quieten down the cheering crowd, "That is correct, my beautiful mate is pregnant with triplets and I ask for your understanding in my over-protectiveness." He lightly warned them, earning a few laughs in understanding, "So I please ask for your continued support, in making my mate feel welcome and safe in our community."

Quite a few murmured in agreement, the Moon Goddess, had given Alpha Luca a second chance and many believed, it was indeed a special gift bestowed upon him and his pack.

Finally the couple descended the stage and walked amongst the everyone, greeting and meeting with those that came into their path, Luca making sure that his mate was well protected and comfortable, growling lowly now and then in warning, when he or his wolf felt threatened.

The protection detail remained vigilantly by their side, making sure to maintain the crowd.

In addition, as most werewolves understood, an Alpha male was highly protective of his pregnant mate, respecting the boundaries set before them. There would be time enough in the future, to meet the new Luna.

Luca led Jade to a table that was reserved solely for them, helping her to sit down, seating close to her, while making sure that she was not feeling overwhelmed or stressed.

Jade intertwined her fingers with his, smiling up at him, assuring him that she was doing fine for the moment, glad that the worst was over and that the majority of the invited guests seemed happy and elated for them, everyone so far being welcoming.

Simone stood in one corner, watching the couple, rage and jealousy in her eyes. She could not believe this was happening, she was so close in having Luca and now that woman had stolen him from her.

Oh no...!!! She was not going to stand back, she was going to get her man, she did it once before, she can do it again. Sipping her champagne, gazing at the happy couple beneath hooded eyes.

She would bide hertime and formulate a genius plan, then attack when they least expect it...