Chapter 28

While everyone was celebrating and rejoicing at the news of the birth of the Alpha pups.

Simone was plotting her attack.

It took longer than she wanted, but she couldn't do anything while Jade was pregnant, there were always people hovering around her, but now that the pups were here, that is when she would make her move and strike.

Getting rid of Jade is going to be easy, then she will waltz in and console a devastated Alpha and become a "loving" mother to those bratty pups and as soon as Luca falls into her charm and make her his.

She will convince him that having the children around is not good for their relationship, always being a reminder of what he lost. By then she would have him wrapped around her finger, then she will send those kids packing.

After all, she couldn't have their filthy genes near her own children.

And this time, she is going to make sure that she doesn't fail again.

Unaware of the threat looming over them, the close-knit family and friends guided and helped the new family, whenever it was needed. Much to Luca's relief, having three little kids, was tiresome at times and he was grateful to everyone who pitched in and helped.

A month had passed since the babies were born and the time for Jade's transformation into her wolf was nearing.

The babies were growing healthily and becoming strong, so it was only a matter of time that her wolf would make an appearance.

Luca watched his mate vigilantly for any signs that the change was going to happen.

He had already set plans into motion, making sure that if it happened, that a trusted few would watch over their kids. While he made sure that, he was by his mate's side during the change, knowing that she needed his support and guidance, helping her with the transitioning.

The day finally arrived, Luca had noticed the change in Jade, she was restless and running a mild fever. Giving out orders in preparation, he stood by her side, watching for the moment he needed to take her outside.

As the hours passed, Jade's condition worsened and when she reached a certain peak, Luca scooped her up, instinct telling him it was time, taking her outside and laying her on the ground.

Rubbing his hands along her body, he watched as she thrashed around, screaming out in pain, as her body began the process, wincing as he felt the pain she was going through, wishing that he could take its place, "Don't fight it, let it happen naturally..." He murmured encouragingly, hoping she could hear him.

And with one final scream, she transformed fully into her wolf, lying still, her breathing labored and harsh, after the strenuous event.

Luca smiled as he gazed upon his beautiful mate, his hands lightly raking through her white fur, soothing her with his touch, waiting for her to take a moment.

And as she opened her eyes, she stared at him, recognition filtering in her blue-eyed gaze, "Hello mate..." Luca spoke, a smile on his face.

Knowing that a newly changed wolf was more playful and unruly at the first transformation, Luca was more than prepared, stepping back and changing into his large black wolf in an instant, barking at his mate, showing her his dominance and authority.

Jade stood up unsteadily, taking a few moments to find her footing, gazing at her Alpha and mate, her tail began to wag, giving him a bark in return, moving forward and nuzzling his neck.

Luca's wolf growled in approval, taking a whiff of her unique scent, nuzzling his snout in her fur, gently nipping her neck.

Jade's wolf took a step back, her eyes shining bright in the moonlight, barking and yipping, she turned abruptly around and made a dash for the woods nearby.

More than ready, Luca's wolf followed suit, playfully chasing his mate, darting around trees and bushes, as his mate led him on a merry chase, loving the freedom of being in his wolf form, enjoying the chase.

Slightly distracted with his thoughts, he lost sight of her, stopping in his tracks, sniffing the air for her unique scent, becoming in-tuned with their bond. Zigzagging around the trees, following the path she had taken, lifting his snout, taking a whiff of the air surrounding him, making sure that he was on the right track.

He could feel herhappiness through their bond, when all of sudden, he felt immense pain and thennothing...