Chapter 31

For the next three days, Jade was confined to bed rest, much to her frustration, she insisted that she was doing okay, that all she needed was a couple hours of sleep and that she was doing fine, only for her complaints to fall on deaf ears.

Luca was adamant, sticking to the doctor's orders, transferring her back to their home and making sure that she stayed in bed, only allowing her to get up and use the bathroom.

The kids were brought to her, whenever they were awake or needed their mother, otherwise she was not allowed to change their diapers or give them a bath.

That left her with nothing much to do, not even tempting her mate into submission helped, he remained stubborn and unmoving, keeping her safely in bed, always hovering around, making sure that everyone complied to his orders.

And Luca decided that he would deal with Simone the moment he was assured that Jade was in the clear.

So, by the third day, after being reassured by the doctor, that his mate was fit enough to leave the bed, though he was informed she should take things easy and not stress.

Afterwards, he then made arrangements for her to have her bodyguards in place.

And that his mother, sister and Mara were in attendance, when he left Jade to deal with Simone.

His father, Marcus and Logan following him down to the cells, the guards bowing their heads as he entered the building. Everyone remained on the other side of the cell, except Luca, as he opened the door to the room.

Snarling in disgust, as his eyes landed on the filthy slut before him.

Simone's eyes lit up, the moment her eyes landed on Luca, straightening herself in the chair, a smile on her face, her crazy mind not registering the fact the anger radiating off him.

"Why?" Luca gritted out through clenched teeth.

"Why what...?" She asked innocently.

Not in the mood for games, Luca lunged at her, grabbing her by the throat and slamming her against the wall, "Why the fuck did you try to hurt my mate..." He growled at her, getting to the point.

Simone grasped at his hand, trying to loosen his grip, her feet kicking out, "She is not your mate..." She gasped out, determination in her eyes.

"You are the only crazy bitch to think like that..." He stated firmly and lowly.

"No...she must be also using the witch's potion!" She rushed out, "I should know, I used it before...!"

Luca's eyes narrowed, his grip on her throat loosening, letting her go immediately, watching as she sagged to the ground, coughing and gasping.

Hunching down to her level and placing a finger under her chin, lifting her head up to face him, "What witch's potion...?" He asked, his tone of voice blank and calm.