Chapter 45

THIS CHAPTER IS PART OF A MEGA UPLOAD!!!!!

THERE ARE 5 CHAPTERS ALL TOGETHER ACROSS ALL MY PLATFORMS AND BOOKS.

2 DELICATE CHAPTERS

1 MASTER CHAPTER

1 PATREON CHAPTER (FOR SILVER, ROSE GOLD AND GOLD TIERS)

1 FAMILY PRANK WAR PART

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THESE CHAPTERS HUMANS, I WORKED HARD ON THEM ALL AND I HOPE IT CAN MAKE YOU A LITTLE HAPPIER IN THESE TOUGH TIMES.

--------------------

Damon's P.O.V

Sassy trots in front of Levi and me, holding her stupid head high as if she wasn't internally shitting herself from all the surrounding scents of wolves. 

But the bitch was a great actress and was much better at not letting her true fears show on the outside. I was pretty sure Levi could smell the way I was shaking with every step as if I was about to face my biggest fear instead of my older brother.

Levi had always been a constant for me.

All my life, for me it always felt as if it was Levi and me against the world. Maybe because from the moment I was born he'd been there, smiling and ready to help me through it all or maybe it was because when we grew up he actually lived up to that.

I'd never thoughts twice about going to Levi when I needed him, not until now.

"I didn't know you liked dogs," Levi says after several minutes of silence carrying us through the beginnings of our talk disguised by a walk. 

"I don't," I reply with a sneer that Sassy pointedly ignores. "She is Will's stupid dog."

Levi laughs gently at that and I risk a glance at him to find a familiar fondness lingering behind his eyes while he wears that expression of his that said he knew something I didn't. 

With gentle creases to his eyes and the slightest hint of a dimple showing in his cheeks, he unconsciously wore this look that I'd seen thousands of times throughout our childhood together.

"The animal whisper doesn't like an animal," He comments with a challenging, arched brow, "and apparently, she doesn't like you."

"She's stupid." I protest earnestly, making my claim to another who wasn't Will and hoping they'd join my forces. "The bitch does not listen to me and genuinely loathes my existence."

Levi laughs again, though this time it wasn't as stiff at the last. It was full of easy joy and familiar love that made Theo curl over contentedly. 

But it doesn't last for very long as he looks to me and his smile falters for a second.

I don't know what he saw when he looked at me, when he looked in my eyes, but whatever it was reminded him of why we were here in the first place, why this once familiar exchange felt like an old memory and why we were both so scared to face it.

His smile slowly slips from his face as his features rearrange themselves to present a version of my brother that was brimming with legions of emotions and unsaid words that were begging to come out.

"I wanted to talk to you because I'm going back to my pack tomorrow," He reveals and surprise pushes away my nerves for a moment as I look to him. "It's been several months and I've only gone back to the pack a few times and for no more than a day or two when there were serious cases up there. I didn't want to go without knowing you were safe first, but I can't leave Jayson to deal with everything for much longer."