part 50- The Lead

Kai's POV

"Okay. Okay." Taehyun kept mumbling his mantra as he sat next to me at the kitchen table. The hybrids were all done explaining their life story, and Taehyun was pretty shaken up.

I was shocked when I first found out about hybrids too. I patted his back and asked Hyunjin to get him a blanket.

"Master Kai! Master Kai!" He came back running to the table, "I don't know where the blankets are."

"I'll get them." Felix smiled and stood up from his seat. I saw Taehyun's eyes widen even more because of Felix's deep voice.

"Do you like his deep voice, hyung?" I whispered in Taehyun's ear. He blushed heavily and hid his face in my shoulder.

"I can go even deeper, Master Taehyun." Felix made his voice go deeper. Taehyun buried his face into my neck in embarrassment.

"Thanks, Felix. Go get it." I smiled at Felix before he turned to a little bird and took off to the living room.

I turned to the others and smiled at them too, "Don't worry about him. He'll be just fine. He's just very shy at the moment."

"I can see that." Chan laughed and patted a younger's boy back. The boy's fox ears flattened, "Our little Jeongin here is also a little shy."

"Let's leave them both alone in the room." I joked. The fox and Taehyun both shot their heads at my direction. Chan and the others looked at each other.

"Hey, I found the blanket-" Felix came with a blanket in his hands and we all were already on out way out, so the others grabbed him while one grabbed the blanket and threw it at both Taehyun and Jeongin, who tried to escape from the situation.

Once we were all out of the room except Taehyun and Jeongin, it only took five seconds to hear three knocks on the door and a dolphins screech.

We let them stay with each other for a few minutes as I texted Y/n about everything. She replied almost immediately, asking if she could call.

Before I could answer, she was calling me. I picked up and put it on speaker since I was too lazy to hold my phone up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Kai! Listen, I can't really explain what I'm doing right now but I need you to tell me what kind of hybrids you found." She said quickly and urgently.

"Well, it all started with Seungmin-"

"Seungmin?" I heard a guy's voice from the other line.

"Wait, Woojin?" Chan suddenly grabbed my phone.

"Chan??" The guy on the other line sounded so happy and excited.

"Jisung!" Jisung said, smiling. By now, all the hybrids were focusing on my phone with tears in their eyes, sobbing happily. I didn't know what was happening, but I let it happen.

"Oh my god, it's you." I heard the guy said and Y/n gasp, "Where are you? Are you with the others? Are you okay?"

"Yes, we're okay!" Chan laughed and the others started crying.

"Woojin hyung!" Seungmin cried to the phone. We heard a seriously desperate dolphin screech

"We miss you so much!" Changbin added, "Where are you?"

"Y/n, where are we?" He asked.

"On our way to Kai and Taehyun's house. Let's get out of these woods." She replied.

"Okay. Okay awesome. One question." He said, "How are we going to get out of here?"

"Uhm. Doesn't matter. The woods always end at some point. We'll just try our luck." She said and shuffling was heard from the other side of the call. I assumed she grabbed the phone back.