》44

"Hello Brother, what's on your mind

"Hello Brother, what's on your mind." Donghyuck spoke as he slid in next to Mark at the breakfast bar.

Mark looked up at the sudden voice and hummed questioningly- distant minded.
"What are you thinking about?" He pressed again, raising a brow.

Mark sighed, dropping his spoon till it clanked against the rim of his plate and leant away from the countertop.

"It's... nevermind it's weird."
Donghyuck hummed knowingly, biting back the urge to scream what he knew out loud.

The younger boy leant forward, chin in palm as he analysed Mark.
"Who is it?"
Mark's head snapped up, eyes widened a fraction.

"Who's what?"
Donghyuck tilted his head and wanted to press on it further but he knew Mark and he knew once Donghyuck pressed on it, the more Mark wouldn't stop opening up.

"I heard Hana made up with a Chansung, apparently they smoothed it over and whatnot." Donghyuck said, pouring himself a glass of water.

"Really? He seems like a dick to me." Mark grumbled the last bit under his breath.

"Who knows, maybe she likes him or something."
"She did say she had a crush..." Mark trailed off, shoulders sagging slightly.

"Or maybe she likes someone else," Donghyuck spoke, glancing at Mark as they made eye contact before he left the room with Mark by himself with his thoughts.

Hana had skipped two of her meals so far, only having eaten a slice of toast on the go as something to keep her from throwing up.

That was something she also picked up through her constant cycle of what had become an unwanted eating habit.
Eating more than what she wanted, she'd hurry over to the bathroom to heave it back up again.

She still felt the same as before, perhaps worse or perhaps better- she couldn't tell anymore as her walls were constantly up.

Hana was sat at the table on a Saturday morning with Jisung's hoodie over her body, way too big for her but she didn't care and hair pulled up into a messy ponytail.

"Morning Kiddo, you look nice today!"

Hana almost choked but through her disbelief, her face remained blank as she slowly turned her head down to her appearance then back at Mark who was humming whilst he got out some food.

She scoffed under her breath, taking a sip of water.
"Sure," she quipped sarcastically. "I basically look like a boy."

"Shut up Han, you look fine- you're not eating?"
"... I already ate."

By the way her eyes flickered around the room nervously, Mark sighed and walked over to her.

His eyes fell to the oversized hoodie which hid anything that could indicate an immense weight loss.

"Can I have a hug?"

At first Hana didn't think she heard right when she looked up at him.
"What?"

Mark smiled at her, grabbing her wrist and pulling her up off the chair and into his arm with a gasped oomph.

"See, a hug a day will make you feel better!" He said, hiding the fact that he was secretly attempting to see how much weight she had lost.

And it is was a lot.

A frown fell on his lips and he couldn't help but feel guilty- he wasn't sure why he was.

"You're acting weird Mark," she laughed, shaking her head and he looked down at her gummy smile that appeared when she laughed, eyes crinkling.

"I know, I don't know why either." He breathed out. "It's new for me too."