Part 1: Chapter 8

(A/N: In case you have not already, please go read chapter 6 so you are more caught up with how Chris is feeling at this point.)

Chapter 8: Let’s Give Him a Show (Reprise)

“Okay, since everyone’s here, I would like to let you know what we have available.” Mrs. Moore announced with a clap, quickly getting the attention of all 11 of the hungry teens and preteens. “There are fully cooked fried eggs over here, bacon and sausages over there, some avocados in case we have any vegetarians in our midst, and there is a loaf of bread with butter and jam nearby, in case you guys want to make yourselves some toast.”

Mark was, surprisingly, the first person to yell out a loud “thank you, Mrs. Moore”. In the seconds that followed, just about every other person repeated the phrase, making the fancy resort room feel like a third-grade classroom. Even Ethan repeated the phrase, grinning at the happy smile on the woman’s face.

Ethan grabbed everything but the avocado when he briefly heard that there was in fact a vegetarian in their midst and found where Meaghan and Aiden had found seats on the floor. Ethan stood in front of the chatting two, giving them a weird look.

Meaghan looked up at Ethan for a moment before giggling.

“What?”

“You guys do realize that there were—actually are—other seats still available?” Ethan asked them, gesturing his free hand to some of the empty spaces that weren’t just carpet on top of tile. Aiden’s eyes went a bit wide.

“Oh.” He mumbled, looking around himself. “I hadn’t noticed. I was just talking to Meaghan.”

Aiden and Ethan looked over to Meaghan who just shrugged at their silent question.

“I’d noticed but I just think that the floor is more fun.” She explained to them, completely unapologetic as usual. And, as usual, Ethan and Aiden just went along with it. That’s why the three of them spent their breakfast on the floor while three perfectly good seats remained empty behind them. 

Their conversation during the meal was pretty light and random, jumping from one topic to the other without a care in the world. But, as Meaghan was munching on her buttered toast, her eye caught Aaron’s form from across the room. At the sight of her older brother, she suddenly remembered a very pressing issue, his love life. 

To make a long story short, Scarlett Hale was having Meaghan’s brother pretend to be her boyfriend. She was a total babe and found turning down boys tedious. So, what better solution than to already be in a relationship? Aaron had agreed because, according to him, he hadn’t been looking for a relationship either. However, Meaghan found that hard to believe. Her brother was a hardcore romantic and she knew that he would much rather be with someone than alone. 

So, Meaghan dished up a plan. Aiden, adorable as he was, was interested in Aaron and Meaghan was positive that Aiden was just his type. So, Meaghan would do some of the classic Tyler female meddling and get Aaron so attracted to Aiden that he just had to act on it. Thus, getting her brother in a real relationship. Meaghan already had plans in motion to get the boys off of Scarlett’s butt when the time came, but for now, her main concern was being a matchmaker.

With all of this in mind, Meaghan turned to Aiden and Ethan, a wide grin on her lips. When Ethan saw that the look was aimed towards Aiden, he found that the grin showed up on his face as well. Ethan wasn’t actually sure about what Meaghan was smiling about.

She could have been grinning about her evil plan to drop Ethan and Aiden from her life (which Ethan doubted because they were amazing) and Ethan would have no idea. But, Ethan had a feeling that he was going to enjoy whatever had Meaghan grinning so widely.