forty-four

"Harry" I said, turning to look at him and holding up my camera, "smile."

He turned to look at the camera for as long as I held it up, a little smile on his lips. Then, unexpectedly, he took the object from me and turned it around so that the lens would face me and I let out a surprised sound, smiling a bit before deciding that it was enough and trying to get Harry to give it back to me.

He held it up so that I wouldn't be able to get it in the position I was lying down in, so I pushed myself off the towel and into a kneeling position, reaching out to get the camera in his hand, this time easily touching it, considering that he was still lying on his side.

Before I could effectively take it from him, though, he moved into a sitting position and quickly turned us around so that he was lying on top of me, putting the camera down above my head and pressing his lips against mine.

I smiled at his action and I cupped his cheek, the sharp line of his jawline under my hand, letting myself get lost in the feeling of kissing him and momentarily forgetting where we were lying.

"Please don't fuck in the middle of a beach guys" a voice said and we quickly broke apart, looking to the side to discover that Liam was standing next to us.

"We're working" Harry said in reply, giving him a little glare and earning a laugh from him.

"Working, yeah?" He asked, moving closer and easily taking the camera from Harry's hand, that was still holding it on the bags above my head, away from the sand. "Let's see how much work you've been doing."

"Don't" Harry replied, quickly standing up and walking after him as he walked away, "give it back."

Liam turned around to look at him, giving him an unimpressed glance. "What, are you scared I'll discover you've been using the excuse of having to work to be left alone for the last two hours?"

"Liam..." my boyfriend said, a threatening edge into his voice, and the other let out a laugh.

"You want this?" He said, starting to walk faster until he was running towards the sea, Harry quickly taking off after him. "Violet!" Liam exclaimed, getting his girlfriend attention and throwing my camera to her an instant before Harry reached him, tripping over some child's ball that had just landed in the water and falling into the ocean, taking his friend down with him.

Violet moved to stand next to me, my camera in her hands. "Men" she commented, shaking her head. "You never know if you're their girlfriend or their babysitter."

I let out a laugh as I watched Harry that was just getting out of the water, completely drenched, sighing when he took off his wet shirt and threw it on the sand, shooting me a dangerous little smile as he walked towards me wearing only his white trunks.

"Don't you even dare" I said in the instant I realised what he was about to do, taking some steps back but not managing to make a run for it before he wrapped his arms around me, the contrast between his warm skin and the still cold droplets of water strong. I sighed but I still left a kiss on his jaw, brushing back a strand of wet hair from his forehead. "Not fair" I muttered, earning a little smile from him.

"You're right" he said quietly, looking down at me and undoing the first button of the dress I was wearing, right over my chest.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I asked him a bit confused, but didn't stop him as he unbuttoned the second one.

"You're wearing something under, right?" He asked me and I nodded, earning a little nod from him. "Good" he muttered, quickly undoing all the other buttons before sliding the dress off my shoulders, leaving me to stand only in my yellow bikini. "Perfect" he said, and I realised what he was planning to do a second too late.