Late Patrol

(A/N It's sadly only Tuesday)

Around two months had passed of the same thing. Peter would get up, go to school and then straight to the internship where he'd work on whatever small task he was given. And every once in a while would Mr. Stark check-in which simply ended with a flustered Peter. He and Flash seemed to go back to normal with only a few snarky comments. But he has never pushed his limits like before. After he'd complete his work and was home he'd go-ahead to begin his patrol. Nothing big seemed to ever happen but he did the best he could. Until tonight something finally something interesting occurred.

Peter wasn't keeping track of time at this point he was just aware that it was now dark. He had stood at the edge of the roof his feet dangling down. He was currently debating whether to head home or make one more round. He felt a buzz against his leg quickly pulling out his phone from the badly put together costume. He managed to 'upgrade' it once May figured out his little secret and insisted on helping when it was clear Peter would continue being Spider-man with or without her support. Which he appreciated greatly.

He squinted from the brightness of his screen seeing it was from May herself.

May
Don't stay out too late

Peter
I'll be home soon

May
Alright, stay safe. There's leftovers from last night in the fridge

Peter
Thank you :)

May
Of course hun :) I'll be heading to bed now

Peter
Kk! Night

And with that, he stood. But before he turned to web away something caught his eye from the alley below. Peter pauses and was able to make out the figure and they seemed to be facing him. He blinked in confusion as the person made a signal. They were waving him over. And Peter without putting much thought into it made his way down. He kept cautious now that he was closer he could see a man.

However, before Peter got the chance to approach, the other began to walk in a different direction opening a door at the side of the building and stepping in. Once his feet touched the floor the teen released his web before rushing towards the door.

He pulled open the door his eyes going wide on what was inside. What he thought was your average business building held a lot more than computers and paperwork. There was little light in the room but he could tell the gadgets set on one of the tables wasn't of the peaceful nor company kind.

"Can't believe it took me three weeks to track down a teenager," Peter turned to the voice as the lights turned on. His mind went blank for a moment before becoming filled with thoughts.

He pointed a finger almost like accusing the man. "You're Nick Fury!" The boy exclaimed at first not believing it. Nick raised an eyebrow as if wanting to question the boy but only shook his head. He began to walk again with Peter trotting behind him.

"I've been keeping an eye on you and for such a young age I think you have potential. Of course, you'd need to go through some training and it'd take some time for you to be at the top level," the man paused as he was pushing open a door he turned to glance at Peter. "Take off that silly mask," he ordered which only caused a hesitant action towards his mask. Nick rolled his eyes letting out a sigh.

"I already know who you are Peter Parker. Your identity is safe here," he explained stepping into what looked like a meeting room. "Oh," was all Peter could murmur as he swiped off his mask his hair a bit of a tousle as it fell over his face. He quickly pushed it away to focus.

"Mr. Fury sir I don't mean to sound rude but why would you want me?" the teen asked fiddling with the fabric in his hands. "With the kind of future, you could hold? It'd be better to have you on our side than any other. You could be of use," the older one explained bluntly only getting nods in return.

Nick held out his hand towards Peter who blankly stared at it for a moment clearly confused. "Give me your phone. We'll need some way to contact you." He stuck his hand into his pocket fishing out his phone to unlock and give to the outstretched hand. "We?" he asked watching Nick type away on his phone.

His thoughts blared as he attempted to comprehend what was happening. How did Mr. Fury even find him? He was being watched for the past three weeks? 

"We as in S.H.E.I.D and the avengers." The younger jumped at the words. "You mean I'll be working with the avengers?!" he yelled out getting a "would you shut up?" from Nick. He quickly apologized.

"In a situation where we'd need the extra help, you'll be called on," his phone was handed back to him once the exchange was complete.

"For now I suggest you stay alert."

(A/N I don't like my writing in this chapter at all.)