Chapter 60: Sharp Words Cut Deep, Dear

Akari laid down in the bed after sharing his story, attempting to watch the female's response to it, hoping to see a spark of remembrance in her (e/c) pupils. She gave a horrified look, understanding just how insane he was that he would kill people for small and seemingly insignificant reasons. The blonde gave a pained expression, knowing that she wouldn't appreciate his past actions although he didn't regret them.

"I'll make you remember," he whispered, tucking a stray hair behind her ear, "You don't need to worry."

(Y/n) began to shake, hearing his words, and though she tried to get away from him, he reached around her waist and hugged her tightly. He wouldn't let her put a gap between them and pressed his chest against hers, taking a sharp intake of breath. His eyes wandered down to her chest and they paused, focusing on it before he lowered his head and buried himself there, letting out a sigh.

"Your body is so perfect," he said almost challengingly, "It's so hard to restrain myself."

"And yet, I think you can manage," Shota scoffed, appearing at the door with a growl, "It's nine. Get out."

Akari and the redhead had a staring contest, each of them silently threatening the other. The blonde lost his focus, allowing (Y/n) to wiggle out of his grasp and fall to the floor, pressing her back against the wall and throwing her arms up in defense. He turned his head to look at her, feeling a twinge of guilt at her fear and looked at the journal on the bed, gripping it tightly with one of his hands.

Before the girl knew it, the door was closed and she was given a "good night" by Shota, both of the males leaving her alone. As she stood up, she noticed her legs were trembling and she quickly covered herself with the duvet. Though as she did so, something shifted on top of the blanket and she peeked up to see Akari had left his precious journal with her. It struck her as odd, but she figured she'd look through it later and placed it on the bedside table, falling into a light slumber.

She was awakened in the morning by some metal object tapping against her forehead. As she opened her eyes and sat up, she realized that the key Shota had given her was being used to wake her up. She cocked her head at the gesture, looking into the redhead's emerald eyes to see if she could catch a glimpse of his objective, but he only gave a chuckle and placed the key in the palm of her hand.

"Good morning, my dear," he smiled, gripping her chin lightly and bringing their faces slightly closer, "I hope you slept well."

She jolted back, his hand remaining the air in a sort of surprise, the same astonishment easily readable on his features. Then he gave a small amused scoff and shook his head, running his hand through his red hair. He took her hand and gave it a small, gentlemanly kiss before standing up and giving a slight bow at the waist and turning around to open the door. Then he motioned for her to follow.

She raised an eyebrow, not knowing if she wanted to follow the male or not, but ultimately decided it would be better if she did. He offered his arm to her, but she refused it since she could walk by herself. He gave a disappointed expression but shrugged it off, following behind. They arrived downstairs to see everyone awake, including Yamato who typically never woke up so early in the morning. That being said, he wasn't fully awake, laying down on the couch, his eyes closed as he munched on some kind of cake.

"Morning," he mumbled, giving a weak wave.

Takuya turned his head, giving a large grin and ran over to hug the girl, nuzzling his cheek against hers. The girl, reluctant to be touched, pushed him back to gain her personal space, though it didn't stop him from beaming. Haru gave a wave to the girl and though he was focused on his game, he held up a controller as an invitation for her to join him, frowning when she didn't accept right away.