* . ᵒⁿ ʷʳⁱᵗᵉʳˢ' ᵇˡᵒᶜᵏ ⁽ ʷʰᵃᵗ ⁱ ˡᵉᵃʳⁿᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵘⁿⁱ ⁾ .

༉˚*ೃ 𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒' 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊.

by far one of the biggest setbacks writers face is the dreaded writers' block, where ideas don't seem to flow, you cannot express them, writing seems like a burden, or you put off your writing by procrastinating. we all know how much of a plague this infliction can be, and how useless or guilty it can make us feel. the same goes for art block and all other forms of the arts.

the pain is that sometimes writing can be so very easy — it all comes out in a flow, and it comes easily, where you're jumping in excitement to get all the ideas down onto the page — whereas other times, the notion of simply sitting down to write in your laptop or notebook seems exhausting already. there is a link to this and mental health, but in the general sense, writers' block can usually be overcome, though the remedies are different for everybody.

BREAKING DOWN WRITERS' BLOCK.   →      *   .    &

many people believe that writers' block is simply suffering from a lack of ideas or creativity — however, the truth is that writers' block comes in many different forms, each which lead to the ultimate act of not writing. 

to solve writers' block, i believe the biggest key is understanding why you struggle to write. is it the crippling fear that your works won't be good enough? (don't worry, that's what first drafts are for). is it simply that you fear you don't have enough time? can you just not get yourself in the flow while sitting down and staring at the page for what seems like an eternity?

on this, gail m. sullivan  ('so you want to write? practices that work')  sheds some light on why they believe so many artists are inflicted with this particular curse, in which writing becomes difficult despite our love for it:

                   .     &    →     ¹

" although most of us have not had formal training in writing, we may have had uncomfortable experiences with writing in the past. teachers may have responded to our writing primarily with criticism, with a focus on perfection. this can lead to low confidence in skills, fear of failure, anxiety about writing, and procrastination.