Character Creation

Waking up I was expecting to be greeted by my cat scratching at my face. What I didn't expect was a glowing floating panel, right in front of me. 

[Greeting Player, You have been chosen to be reincarnated as a new player, or simply put it. You will be reincarnated as 'The Gamer.']

This was not what I was expecting at all, but with the prospect of gaining power and being the weeb I am, I was excited. Especially with the power of the gamer, it was an ability with unlimited potential.

"Nice!" I exclaimed barely being able to contain my excitement.

Now the question is where am I? I am currently levitating in the air, and the only light source is the light illuminating from the panel, but other than that there was nothing. As if sensing my confusion the panel changed.

[You are currently in the waiting room. Are you ready to proceed?]

On the bottom of the window, there was an accept and decline option. I choose to accept.

[Please enter your first name.]

Given the choice to input a name, I was obviously prompted to enter a joke name. It would be funny, but at the same time, it might get quite annoying after a bit. A cool name? Hmm, that does sound nice. Something like Jin, or Ryu... 

Nope, nope just the thought of it had made me cringe. Getting called Jin or Ryu by others would be too taxing on my mentality. Ugh, I'm already cringing just thinking about it, but what name should I choose for my new life?

Suddenly it drew upon me. I looked at my hand and then rosed it. Without another thought, I brought it towards my face.

*Smack!*

I could feel my face stinging after the strike to my face. I thought I was lucid dreaming, but the sensation was different. I had lucid dreams in the past, but this felt nothing like it. When I was in my lucid dream I was in control. I could change my environment with just a mere thought and fly wherever I want, but here the senary was plain white and I was just levitating. I had no control.

In no time I began to panic. Endless questions began to sprout within my head. What happened to me? Did I die? What about my family? My parents? These were some of the questions that quickly passed in my head.

I have just recently moved out of the nest and have been living alone with my cat. I lived an average life and was the youngest of my family. It was summer, and as I came home from my part-time job, I had passed the time watching anime. Eventually, I fell asleep. These were the last moment I remember doing, it was quite mundane, but somehow I ended up here.

Sensing myself spiraling into confusion over my situation, I slapped myself again. This time it wasn't to test if I was dreaming, but rather to regain what little control I have left. I need to take it slowly. The 'system' said I was chosen to reincarnate, this would mean I will be reborn. 

Next, I was chosen to be reincarnated as 'The Gamer.' My only knowledge is based on video games, mangas, and webtoons I had read. If it is what I think it is, then maybe going back home may not be such a far fetch idea. Being 'The Gamer' gave me an unlimited amount of potential, and maybe with this power, I can figure out a way to return home.

"John, my name is John Smith," I said. It was a generic name, but it was my name. It may have not been all telling or cool, but it was the name my parents had assigned me from birth. To me, it is full of memories. Memories of what was once John, and memories of what John will achieve.

[ You have chosen the name  'John.' Is the name chosen correctly?]

It would seem my first name was the only one accepted, but it was correct. My name is John. Without any hesitation, I then click yes to confirm.