Chapter 76- Promises

When there was a knock at Harry's door, he opened it immediately. "Hey," he said, his tone unreasonable. Draco didn't say anything, almost too scared too. "Can't sleep?"

Draco shook his head and swallowed harshly. He wrapped his arms around Harry's neck without a word, and after a deep breath, Harry had his arms around his back.

"You shouldn't be here," he whispered. Draco just shut the door behind him with his foot and he kissed him in the dark, Harry eagerly responding.

"And you shouldn't be kissing be back."

"Point taken," Harry kissed him again. He moved his hands to Draco's lower back and then to his arse. "And we definitely shouldn't be doing that."

Draco laughed. "Most definitely not."

"Sleep with me," Harry whispered, the darkness surrounding them. "Just tonight."

"Of course."

Harry grabbed his hand and led him to his bed, which was empty without him. "I hate being alone."

"I know you do," Draco tucked Harry in and wrapped his arms around him, Harry's bum fitting into the curve of his hips.

"It reminds me of not being with you. It's torture. Who could ever separate people like this?"

"I mean it's a tradition. Surely they want us isolated since we'll be together the rest of our lives."

"It's barbaric," Harry complained.

"It's only for one night." His tone was calm, quiet. "Have you had any nightmares?"

"No... but I just... It's our last night being fiancés. I want to spend it with you."

"But tomorrow night, we'll be husbands."

Harry instantly smiled. "Wake me when it's then." He kissed Draco's hand and soon enough drifted in his arms.

Draco's nerves were so on fire, the blaze kept him from sleeping. He had no idea why, but his fingers were unsteady and clammy.

Well, he knew why, but he didn't know why why. Draco found himself staring at Harry's hair and shoulders. He eyed the blue material that draped itself over Harry's muscles as he thought about literally everything that could possibly go wrong in the morning.

Sure he and Harry were head-over-heels for each other, but still a wedding is one of the biggest events in a lifetime, and that thought made Draco strive to make it perfect.

Draco didn't want to wake Harry, but he did want Harry's input, and it would be the only possible time to have it since in the morning, the blonde was due to leave before Harry even woke up.

"Harry," he whispered as quietly as he could go, "are you awake?" Harry rolled over, almost causing him to jump. "I thought you were sleeping."

"Really," Harry asked, "You thought I was sleeping? Good to know I can play it off well."

"Shut it you," Draco snapped in a louder whisper.

"Why are you awake," Harry asked, his breath hitting Draco's face since they were now so close.

"Nerves."

"You're actually nervous?"

"I mean, yeah," Draco responded. "Why else would you be awake?"

"I'm hungry," Harry said. Draco's features dropped to that of an 'are you serious' face.

"You're barking."

"Okay okay, I'm nervous too," Harry admitted, scooting closer to Draco so their legs were touching, and Draco put a leg though Harry's warm ones, tangling them. "I just didn't think this day would come, you know? I mean I've been thinking about this since- what?- sixth year?"