Chapter 9 ➼ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒 ➼ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒

"ANGELINA," A DISTANT VOICE CALLS OUT.

The brunette girl stirs before her eyes slowly open. She squints at the bright lights, using her hand to shield her eyes. The girl's eyes snap wide open as the girl recognizes the voice before her.

"Mom?"

Regina Mills-Hood appears before the girl as her eyes water.

"Oh my, Mom!" Angelina throws herself into her mother's arms as she cries. Regina holds her daughter to her chest as she breathes the girl in. Angelina pulls away, holding onto her mother's shoulders as she rambles off all of the questions that this new world has given her. "Mom, what's going on? Why am I here? What happened?"

"Did you not get my letter?" Regina asks the girl.

Angelina furrows her eyebrows in confusion as she asks, "Wait, that was from you?"

Regina nods. "I knew that one day we would meet again but I needed you to know that you weren't alone. That you still had people out there."

"Mom, tell me. I have to know what happened," Angelina says sternly.

Regina looks down at her feet. Tears form in her eyes as she says, "We had no idea what happened to you when you disappeared. It wasn't until recently that we found out that you had settled in Neverland. But your father was so worried about you, he wouldn't stop searching for you." Regina pauses, wiping a tear from her cheek as she continues. "Nothing I did helped us find you. So I called in your Grandmother and your Aunt Zelena. Zelena was so set on taking your title that instead of using magic to help find you and bring you home to us, she found you and cast a spell to kill you."

Regina wipes a tear from her daughter's face. "Mom, I don't understand. What happened?"

"She did kill you, Angelina. Peter brought you to us from Neverland. Rumpelstiltskin offered us his magic to help. The Red Queen came from Wonderland. Snow White's daughter even thrust all of her magic into you to save you. We did everything that we could. We even drained the Enchanted Forest of it's magic to save your life. Completing that spell that saved your life, Angelina, it took it all. It took all of the magic that made our world. It's, it's gone."

"Mom, no," Angelina chokes out. "You all killed yourselves to save me."

"It was a joint decision," Regina argues. "We all loved you so much that we wanted you to live. When Snow's daughter transferred her magic into you she saw this world that you're in now. She saw you happy with your soulmate."

"So you saw him? You saw my soulmate?"

Regina sadly shakes her head no. "Only Emma saw him. And before I could use my magic to see what she saw, she had completed the transfer. I knew, I just knew that I had to give you your happy ending. Even if it wasn't with us."