XXIV. love over all

For three consecutive days, the Brents visited the Hearts manor, uninvited.

Aunt Veronica swore that by the end of the week, if this deed of theirs continued, she'll face Mrs. Brent, confronting her about the issue, perhaps, spreading such scandalous acts of theirs in the town.

Seraphina planned on spending the rest of her days in her room, alone and cold, no clue about Zachary and her schooling.

However, due to the constant visits of the Brents, Seraphina was forced to entertain their guests especially Christoper who, for four days, had been by her side, whether she likes it or not.

Christoper insisted she'll tour him around the Hearts manor, praising over the paintings Zachary painted.

Aunt Veronica insisted they will not be hanging paintings her dear godson did not create, and so, from the drawing-room, dining room, even to her room, it all is filled with Zachary.

Perhaps, that's why she cannot take Zachary off her mind for literally, everywhere she goes, she can remember him.

Seraphina merely smiled at Christoper as he once again complimented another fine art of Zachary.

Their touring went out of line when Christoper hinted he would like to see her very own chamber.

That, indeed, stopped Seraphina off her track, causing her to be afoot behind Christoper who probably didn't realize such a scandalous statement of his.

"That would be highly improper, Mr. Brent, an unmarried woman should never ever show her room to a man," she stated, crossing her arm.

However, at the back of her mind, she cannot help herself but feel highly hypocritical for what about Zachary?

Seraphina quickly shook her train of thoughts, 'Zachary is different,' thought she.

"In fact, being with you unchaperoned is enough to cause an uproar in the town, Mr. Brent," added Seraphina, raising her brow.

Christoper gaped down at her, suddenly, Seraphina felt small for she is well aware he is, indeed, taller than her.

"Please, Ms. Hearts, Christoff will do," he replied, flashing such a handsome smile, both dimples appearing.

With her arms still crossing, pushing back the urge to pull his perfectly-combed jet black hair, Seraphina uttered the words, "If you'll excuse me, Mr. Brent, I would love to spend the rest of the day in my room, alone,"

She knew Christoper was on the verge of replying when she raced him off, "Now, do me a favor and win that case you've been rambling about for days, Mr. Brent,"

And so, half-running and walking, Seraphina left the man all alone in the corridor, not caring if what just transpired was utterly rude and all.

Truth be told, she sometimes cannot understand Christoper. There were times where she found him, okay, in fact, quite a pleasant company especially when discussing books and his work as a lawyer.

However, by the time he'll start rambling about his popularity, achievements, and even his need for a beautiful wife, that's where Seraphina would secretly scowl.

What frustrates her the most was how throughout their conversations, Zachary is still on her mind. She found herself comparing Christoper with Zachary.

It was hours before supper, the Brents had left the Hearts manor, the earliest record amongst all their visits when Aunt Veronica came right barging into her niece's chamber upstairs.

Seraphina was awoken from her nap, stretching, before she had the chance to say, "Open,"the door flew open.

Peeking, there she saw her aunt, looking all red and worried, a letter in her trembling hand.