twenty eight- gym crushes

Few days later...

"Alright, now remember the party starts at 6:30 PM so be there sharp." Liz reminded while eating her apple.

"Yeah of course. I won't forget 6:30 PM." I replied.

"It's not a costume party right?" Betty asked, flipping through her marked practice english essay.

"No it's not." Liz chuckled.

"Alright, just wanted to know." Betty responded, while holding a thumbs up. "Ugh, I still can't believe she gave me an B minus on this essay." Then she looked up at me, "What did you get again?"

"An A but just remember it's the practice exam so we know what to do for the actual end of the year exam." I added.

"Yeah you're right."

"But hey, at least you got top score for the Chemistry assignment."

"That's cause we had a smart dude, Anthony."

"Betty, don't be so doubtful about yourself. You're a very smart girl, you just need to be more confident about yourself." Liz reassured.

"Thanks Liz."

*Ring* *Ring*

"Welp, that's the bell." Betty said, packing up her papers.

"We have Physical Education right?" I asked, helping her.

"Yeah."

Physical Education is the only subject we do with Liz since she wanted to continue doing the course but most of the seniors in Midtown didn't take P.E so they cancel the Senior P.E classes and added the students who wanted to do it to the Junior and Sophomore classes which luckily Liz came into our class.

~~~

Once we went down to the gym, we went to the changing rooms and got changed into our P.E Uniforms.

We were all told to sit down the bleachers and watch this video clip called 'Captain America's Fitness Challenge' on this this very small and old television.

Once the video clip was over, Coach Wilson said "Thank you, Captain. I'm pretty sure this guy's a war criminal now, but whatever. I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it."

He blew his whistle "Everyone get into pairs and start doing sit ups."

I went with Anthony and Liz went with Betty After we did like 10 we decided to rest and went towards the bleachers to talk.

I didn't want to do more, 10 is probably the most I could do and if I do more, I would be a red tomato. I'm not taking that risk and embarrass myself in front of Anthony. But I'm much more comfortable around Anthony now, I've mostly lost my feelings, which is good but still it is embarrassing if can't even do more than 10 sit ups.

"Guys, don't you think Captain America is so good looking?" Betty asked, being all dreamy.

"Well, I guess..." I said. "What about Thor?"

"He's super hot." Betty said, smiling.

I just rolled my eyes and laughed.Typical Betty.

"Okay...Betty, F, Marry or Kill. Thor, Iron Man and Hulk?" Anthony asked.

"Now, see, for me, it would be F Thor, marry Iron Man, and kill Hulk" Betty replied, confidently.

"Well, what about the Spider-Man?" Anthony questioned.

"It's just Spider-Man."

"Well I think Spider-Man is-uh cool." I replied.

Because he is cool.

"Uh Y/N. You're only saying that cause Liz likes him." Betty said, raising her eyebrows.

I shook my head. "N-no."

"Did you guys see the bank security cam on YouTube? He fought off four guys!" marvelled Liz.

"Oh my God, she's crushing on Spider-Man. Here we go again." Betty said, rolling her eyes.

"No way. I didn't know you like Spider-Man!" Anthony exclaimed.

"Well... Kind of?" Liz shrugged

"No. Not kind of, you like him a lot Liz." I laughed.

Liz just smiled shyly.

"Ugh, gross." Betty fake puked "He's probably like, thirty." She added.

"Probably more." I added.

Don't wanna be exposing him though.

"You don't even know what he looks like. Like, what if he's, like, seriously burned?" Anthony commented.

"I wouldn't care. I would still love him for the person he is on the inside." Liz said, while being all dreamy like Betty.

"Wow. That's true love right there." I said.

"Ahaha. As if I will ever meet him." Liz laughed while leaning towards me.

"Peter knows Spider-Man!" Ned suddenly called out.

We all looked at his direction and saw Peter's eye grow big. Peter started getting up and walk towards us. "No, I don't. No. I... I mean..." Peter stuttered.

I could tell he was embarrassed. "They're friends." Ned added.

"Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends." Flash laughed while hopping off a gym rope he was climbing before.

I sighed, Here we go again.

"I-I've met him. Yeah. A couple times. But it's, um... through the Stark internship. Mm-hmm." Peter said, still looking flustered.

"Yeah, well. I'm not really supposed to talk about it." He added while eyeing Ned.

"Well, that's awesome. Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party. Right?" Flash scoffed.

"Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come." Liz said smiling.

"Having a party?" Peter asked in a high-pitched nervous tone.

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man." Flash exclaimed.

"Um...I-" Peter stuttered.

"It's okay. I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyway, so..." Liz responded.

*Ring* *Ring*

"Oh Come on. He'll be there. Right, Parker?" Flash smirked.

Peter didn't reply.

Everyone started to leave the gym.

"Come on." Liz said.

"Wait, I'll see you tonight. I just got to do something." I answered.

"Alright, see you."

I went over to Peter and Ned who were whispering about something.

"What are you doing?" Peter whispered, you could tell he was annoyed.

"Helping you-"

"Hey, I hope you're okay after what Flash said. You shouldn't take it too personally Peter." I comforted.

"Y-Yeah of course. Thanks Y/N." he answered, although he didn't seem alright.

"No problem, you two have a good afternoon." I said while walking away then turned around,

"Oh and you two should definitely come to the Party. Liz has been planning it for weeks." I added.

"Er I don't know..." Peter faltered.

"We'll see you there, Y/N." Ned replied.

"Sweet, bye." I waved and exited the gym.