Chapter twelve: The black fairy

''I want to say something. Emma, I am so proud of you for what you did tonight. Defeating Gideon reminds us that, with a little bit of hope, nothing can tear this family apart. I'd like to make a toast... to family.''

''To family.''

''To family.'' Lily smiled as the glasses clinked together before each of them took a small sip, except Killian, who took a slightly bigger sip from the rum in it's holder. 

''Thanks, Dad. It's good to be home.'' She looked at her father, giving a sad smile. ''Are you okay?''

''I wish the entire family was here.'' He responded back to her. 

''I know. We're gonna break this curse. I got my future back, and now you and Mom will, too.''

''Right. Of course.'' He nodded before walking out of the house. 

Lillian was sitting next to Peter on the couch as Luna and Liam were sitting on the table, reading through their schoolbooks when Luna suddenly jumped up from her seat, starling both herself and her brother, who turned to their parents, getting Lillian's attention. 

''You okay over there?'' Before Luna could even answer, Lily and Peter were already out of their seats, walking over to their children, frowning as they saw old ruins on the pages. Lillian took the book from her hands and trying to read it, not being able to figure out the words. 

''Mom, what does it say?''

''I ... I don't know sweetheart, I don't recognize these symbols.'' She glanced at Peter as the two of them stared at the pages, trying to figure out what the pages were trying to tell them. 

Lillian was staring at the board that David had set up in front of her, she frowned as she looked at the pictures, letters and rope that combined the board together. 

''What am I supposed to see here?''

''Just ... just let me know if you see any kind of connections, patterns, anything at all.'' 

''I see a bunch of lines.'' She pressed her lips together as she stared at the board. ''Nothing more.'' David sighed as he looked at the teenage girl, who gave him a smile as she walked over to the kitchen, taking a seat on the counter, plopping a piece of apple into her mouth as she watched David struggle. 

''What's the big deal anyway?'' Before he could answer, they heard a knock on the door, revealing Killian on the other side

''David, uh, sorry to come by so early. Um, it's just, there's something I...''

''Great you're here, now I can leave.'' Lillian smirked as she hopped of the counter, high-fiving her cousin before giving him a smile. ''Good luck with him, I'm dying in here.'' She pressed her lips together as she gave Killian a pat on his shoulder before walking out of the apartment. 

Luna and Liam were sitting on their beds as they held various books around them. They had figured out a small piece of the message they had received from the mysterious schoolbook. Luna was laying on her stomach while Liam sat leg-crossed on the bed, leaning his back on the end of the bed. He wrote something down as his eyes widened, tapping his sister's foot.

''Luna, look at this.'' She took the paper from him, frowning as she read the message before her eyes grew wide. 

''The black fairy raised Gideon.'' Her eyes hardened as her breathing quickened,she closed her eyes as Liam focused on the paper. ''Why would we get this message?'' 

''I don't know. What does this have to so with us?'' 

''Well, the black fairy is not a very pleasant woman, which I assume you already figured by her name.'' Peter stared as his children were sitting in front of him. ''She takes children for various reasons, but I know she took most of them to work in the mines she owned. As for why this message appeared in front of the two of you, I assume as two reasons. First of, because both of you are very powerful because of your magic, second.'' He hesitated for a moment as his two children looked him in the eye, eager to know the answer.

''She is your great-grandmother.'' The two of them looked at each other, trying to figure out their weird family tree.

''So before you and mom were together.'' Luna spoke up. 

''Back when you were Malcolm.'' Liam said, trying to make sense of it all. 

''You were with the black fairy.'' They ended together. They glanced at each other. ''Ew.'' They spoke at the same time, making their father chuckle. 

''Yes, yes, I know.'' he waved his hand, silencing them. ''I just don't quite understand what we have to do with this, but I'll figure it out.'' 

--------Once upon a time--------

Lilith stood in front of the black fairy, her lips pressed together as she stared at the older sorceress. She had heard so many tales about her from Rumple and also from others, that she had to admit that the black fairy was a bit scary. 

''So, you're the famous Lilith.'' The woman paced around her as she followed her gaze. ''Tiger Lily did Peter call you, did he not?'' 

''What does that have to do with anything?'' She wondered out loud, earning a small chuckle and a raise of the shoulders from the older woman. ''But yes, he did.'' She followed her steps as the black Fairy kept walking around her. ''And so you're the famous black fairy. Fiona is your real name, isn't it?'' 

''Ah, so they told you.''

''Yes, they both did. Just as that you're Rumple's mother.'' That made the woman finally stop her pacing, earning a smirk from Lilith, she hit a nerve. ''Ah, there it is, it's true then?'' When the woman didn't answer, she took the silence as a yes. ''Something they finally spoke the truth about.'' 

''And what's it to you?''

''Oh, nothing at all.'' She lifted her chin as she stepped closer to the older woman, a smirk tugging on her lips as she let the words roll of her tongue. ''Just checking. And to give you a warning ... '' She started to walk away from her, a hand holding her navy blue dress before turning around again. ''Don't ever come back for them.'' she smirked as she fully walked away now, her eyes flashing red for a moment. ''Because they're both mine now.'' 

--------Once upon a time--------

I know that I am very late, but I promise to put up another two chapters this week to make up for it! I wanted to focus a bit more on the twins because they play a much bigger role in season 7 and I don't want it to feel out of place, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated from when I upload. I'll see you soon! 

-x Violets- library