【82】Interrupted Lessons

Despite the tumultuous night, I emerged from my sleep feeling well-rested and serene

Despite the tumultuous night, I emerged from my sleep feeling well-rested and serene. A smile naturally formed on my lips as I felt the large and warm body against me. Instant joy filled my heart at the memories of the night. How was it even possible to be so happy? How could someone be responsible for so much delight?

I slowly peeled my eyes open, blinking a few times until I was accustomed to the slight brightness surrounding us. Despite the thick curtains, the blueish light of the outside was bathing the room, and I could see the day was already well-advanced. My smile widened as I looked at the sleeping shape next to me. Lex was on his back, the duvet reaching up to his midriff, his strong upper body exposed to my adoring eyes. I was lying on the side against him, my head resting on his shoulder, a leg bent over one of his.

The way our bodies seemed to need to be close to one another, even when sleeping, was something I adored. I shifted to lean on my shoulder, careful not to wake him up. Time lost its meaning as I admired his face, enjoying how relaxed and peaceful he seemed. It was tempting to wake him up with a kiss, but I didn't want to pull him out of his dream. He deserved to rest after the night we'd had.

I couldn't help but wonder for how long we'd be like this, needing each other to such an extent, unable to hold back, to restrain our passions, demanding more and more. The unbridled passion usually faded off after a while, to evolve into different feelings, usually more tender and less lustful. When this shift would start was a mystery, though, and I didn't know if I wanted it to yet. This phase of our relationship was something I enjoyed a lot. I'd never been a sexual person, and exploring this side of me was proving to be very exciting, entertaining, and gratifying.

Lex moved in his sleep, his brow frowning slightly, turning his face toward me. With his inviting mouth so easy to access, it became impossible to resist the temptation any longer, so I moved to give him a light peck. I lingered a few seconds, savoring the simple pleasure of kissing him, and just when I was about to pull away, his lips moved under mine, kissing me back softly. With a smile, I pulled away and watched him open one eye, then the next. The satisfaction and delight in his gaze when he saw me sent my heart into a frenzy.

"Hi," I whispered, kissing his shoulder and resting my head there, our eyes still locked. He still smelled like soap from the shower we'd shared before sleeping.

"Hi," he greeted back, his voice hoarse and low.

I looked at him lovingly, getting lost in his gray eyes, following the familiar lines of his features with my gaze. Somehow, I wanted to repay him for all the happiness he was giving me. Lex deserved to be showered with attention, to be shown how much I adored him.

"I was thinking... I know you have your morning habits, but today feels like a pancakes kind of day. Do you want me to make some for you?"

"Mmm, pancakes sound great."

He pulled me in closer and hugged me against his warm body before seeking my lips again. We kissed for a moment, tenderly and lazily. I eventually pushed myself away from him, wanting to get on with my objective.