18 - Happy

"What really happened?"

"We just went home. Then my mother was really skeptical about me and I was pretending asleep already for two straight nights to avoid her."

"Basically, you're running away from it."

Guilty as charged, she twitched in her words.

Sighing, she stared at her in oppression and drooped both hands on the refectory table. "I can't find the impeccable timing, okay?"

"There's no such thing as perfect timing, it all depends on you. You're just quite prudent."

Her hands crept on the fissure of her head, harshly brushing it off until it reached the tip of her locks, looking more than on pins and needles. "Okay, I sound pushing you hard on that part. But I was only telling you to take little steps because it will be more just foreboding than you thought."

"I get it, you don't have to explain. It's just..."

Her perusal went downwards on her fidgety fingers upon her lap, feeling hefty roundhouse across her chest. "You know...me being so coward and indecisive."

"It's fine—"

"But, I can feel it in myself I'm close to tell it to her, don't worry." Yeji breathed out and let her anxious drowned at the back of her head. She felt disappointed with herself.

The past nights she was at home was rough, dwelling with her own worrisome thoughts and suspicious mother. Not to add the tremendous pile of works at school and mixed-up emotions she couldn't control. For two straight evenings, she faked her slumber, warding off the bullets came from her own mother. And earlier, she left the morning the strangest, the sun wasn't even smiling yet she was out to escape the house with Yuna which made the youngest  confounded at her conspicuous behavior.

"Is that why you have McDonald's today?" Musing her lips to the paper bag placed on their table. "We could've just stayed there."

"Uh," Yeji paused, "I got this from Heather." still uncertain where to connect her gaze. "I refused to accept it but he really insisted."

"He likes you, what do you actually expect?And you like my extremely irritating and dumb friend."

Yeji dropped her face, switching into more staid expression. "About that, I've decided."

"Decide what?" The two girls jounced over their seats, averting their gaze on the newcomer. "Sorry, may I occupy the vacant chair with you, guys? If you don't mind."

Yeji seeked out for Chaeryeong's approval.

"She's proven to keep some of your secrets."

The girl wiggled her brows in unison, and Yeji gestured her to join them. "If you've decided whether you like Ryujin or Heather, I'm all ears to know. You're safe."

Heejin casually spoke up, tearing the paper bag and brought out the burger and fries. The cat eyed girl widened her eyes, finding Chaeryeong's eyes in terror. "I never told anybody, not even a single soul, Yeji."

Giggling, she wiped off the muck stained on the corner of her lips. "Trusted my guts. Or to be more specified, I have working gaydar."

"You just indirectly came out to me though."

"It's okay," Yeji smiled. Somehow it wasn't a chagrined atmosphere for them as she had gotten comfortable enough with Heejin the time they encountered within the trampoline park. "I have decided to discontinue myself from writing letters for Ryujin anymore."

Still, Yeji flashed a grin, uttering the words she never thought she could actually speak.

"Letters?" Confused, Heejin asked.