Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Taylor

"I know you're a witch," he repeated again, as I was at a loss for words. Out of everything I was expecting today, Mae running away with Jacin and Roan apparently figuring out who I was, was not something I was anticipating. There were a few ways I could play this: 1. Pretend I have no idea what he was talking about, or 2. Admit I was a Witch but come up with an outlandish reason why I was at his school.

I settled for the former.

"For halloween? Yeah I was, you could have figured that out through my Insta," I replied quizzically. I did not have an Instagram, but he did not know that. Why did he have to ruin everything? I knew it was only a matter of time before he figured it out. Why, you may ask? Well, I was ninty-nine precent sure that I was his Mate.

Witches usually did not have Mates. It was all dependent on the Werewolf, and who they were partnered with. Because of that, I never thought I would ever get one. I knew there were chances, and Wolves can be mated with other supernatural creatures, but it was slim. Yet, right when I walked into the lunchroom on the first day of school, I was hit with a strange sweet smell. Was it pheromones? Probably. It was something I had never smelt before. If a smell could seduce, then that one sure did.

When my eyes finally caught the eyes of the man emitting the smell, his mouth dropped. I guess I was not the only one inflicted with the sweet aroma. That was the moment I first thought I might have had a Mate. I tried my hardest to put it in the back of my mind. Even if he was, nothing could come of it. I was the Devil's personal security. He, from my research of the pack, was the future Alpha.

I wished he was ugly. It would make it so much easier if he was. But no... Aphrodite had to fuck me over with a man who drips sexiness out of everyone of his pores. He had a deep tan, most likely due to an ethnicity from Central America, yet there was something in his facial structure that made me think that he was mixed with Italian or something along that line. He had thick brown hair that curled at the ends. Everytime I looked at it, my mind couldn't help but think about what our kids would look like. I hated myself.

His eyes were a dark brown, so dark that I could barely see his pupil. That was the way I liked them: dark and mysterious. He had thick eye lashes. If every girl had them, the mascara companies would go bankrupt. He was tall too. This guy checked off every single box on my "perfect guy" list. His only flaw was that he would never shut up...ever. I think I've argued with him more than I've had a normal conversation. He just brought out the worst in me.

The more time I spent with him, the more I knew that we were Mates, which really messed everything up. As wolves can only have supernatural creatures as their Mates, it was only a matter of time before he figured out I was not a human. I guess that time was now.

"You know that was not what I meant," he commanded, in all seriousness. I absentmindly started to twirl my hair like a ditz. I took on this 'high-school girl' role too seriously.

"Do you think I am an actual witch?" I asked, trying my hardest to come across as confused, "I think you might need to seek some psychiatric help."

He took a few steps toward me, leaving only a few inches between our bodies. I had no idea what he was going to do. The lovestruck part of me wanted him to lean down and kiss me, while the realistic bitch wanted him to open my car door for me like a gentleman so I could get the Hell out of this stupid town. He did neither.

He leaned down and grasped the Jade charm of Ichnaea that hung on a silver chain around my neck. To debunk a myth about werewolves, they are not allergic to silver.

He held the charm lightly in his palm. When he reached down to grab it, his fingertips sent sparks all along my collar bones.

"Oh this old thing, I found it in..." he cut off my stupid excuse.