↘︎ chapter fifty-nine

59 | Harry's strange dream

After that, almost nothing had changed. Except that the Gryffindor Quidditch team was awful and Angelina Johnson was trying hard to find new players. But still, no one would be able to replace Fred, George or Harry. And Marley Macmillan knew it very well.

George seemed a little uneasy with Marley. Maybe he was still a little upset that he had broken her nose. But Marley was visibly showing him that everything was fine and nothing was wrong. And that really calmed him down. If Marley knew that George was actually such a softie, she would have started dating him sooner.

It was around mid-December when Marley and Angelina went out to dinner in the Great Hall, very excited by the Quidditch tryouts they had today. They would have chosen new players, but perhaps only their Seeker was actually good. Because it was Ginny Weasley. Now Marley would have an excuse to spend more time with her and the red-haired girl wouldn't feel so sad sometimes.

"I don't like the new Beaters." muttured annoyed Marley, while they were entering the entrance hall.

"You didn't like any of them." protested Angelina. A group of Ravenclaws were going to dinner. Marley recognised Noen Black, Brooklyn Ray, Michael Corner, Terry Boot and Athony Goldstein. They waved at each other friendly but didn't say a word and continued walking. "I know Fred and George are irreplacable and there wouldn't be people who are good enough but there's nothing we can do about it."

"Frogface is like Snape." noted Marley and she felt a sudden desire to break something. Only with the thought of Professor Umbridge, she wanted to throw something at her. "She blesses only Slytherin and hates everyone from Gryffindor. She wants our team to lose the Inner-House Cup."

"Tell me something I don't know." Lina bit the inside of her cheek nervously. "But we're not going to give up. Let's show this nasty frog we can beat even with the worst Beaters in the entire Hogwarts history."

"I'm sure even if Hermione was here, who had read the History of Hogwarts, wouldn't fight this." said Marley with a grin and the girls reached the double doors of the Great Hall. The environment of a typical dinner had reigned and the ceiling was clear, without clouds and stars.

Marley noticed Fred, George and Lee having dinner with Harry, Ron and Hermione. The two girls approached them and the sixteen-year-old girl was really surprised to find Ron already here. But he was in a rush when the tryouts ended.

"Hi, guys." smiled Angelina and sat next to Marley, who had sat next to Harry. "Ron, did you tell them about the new players or I have to do it by myself?"

"Do it by yourself." replied Ron with mouth full of food and more specifically, roast chicken. Angelina just rolled eyes annoyed and the ginger twins raised eyebrows questioningly.

"We found new players in the Quidditch team." she said.

"You replaced us?" asked Fred, pretending he was really offended and his feelings were deeply hurt. "I don't know what to say. I thought we actually meant something to you, Lina."

George laughed but also joined his twin brother. "Yes. Now I think I'm going to go in the common room and die until there are no tears left to cry."

"Are you done yet?" questioned Angelina, who wasn't impressed by the twins' little play but Marley was sincerely having fun, along with the others. Lina was recently in bad mood and no one couldn't blame her. "Our new Seeker is your sister, Ginny. She's really good. Of course, not as good as Harry, but still very good. I didn't expect her to be that good."

"Ginny's always had a natural Quidditch talent in her veins, so don't try to be that modest." interrupted her George with a proud smirk on his face. "And who are your new Beaters? Maybe Fred and I must show them how to beat people up, by demonstrating it on them." he uttered the word Beater this time more to mockery. Although he hadn't played Quidditch for more than a month, he seemed unhappy that the girls were still forced to find new players in their place. Maybe the twins were even a little jealous, though they all covered in jokes.