Chapter 5

Time passes by as you lay in the bed, sobbing and shivering.
Out of all the people in the world, why did this have to happen to  me?
You ask yourself. This isn't fair! 
I just had to go to that damned party... I just had to get drunk... I just HAD to go home alone rather than waiting for someone to walk with...
You groan in frustration and try to get a good sense of your surroundings in the small room.
There is a window to your left with sheer white curtains. Outside, the sun is shining. You assume it is the late afternoon judging by how the light shines in. Through the window you can barely see the figures of trees.
Great, how cliché. I'm stuck in the woods with a serial killer.
You roll your eyes and continue to look around. Beside your bed, you notice a metal cart with wheels about a foot and a half away. On the cart is a variety of medical tools, ranging from tweezers to scalpels.
You furrow your brow at the strange setup. "Why the hell is this in here?" You ask to yourself. It looks so out of place...

Just then you hear footsteps approach the door to the room you are in. You lay your head back on the pillow and tightly close your eyes as the knob turns, dreading the presence of your kidnapper. The door creaks open and the guy enters the room, humming joyfully. He is carrying a large wooden tray.

"Did you enjoy your time to rest?" The man asks, setting the tray down on the messy desk across the room.

"Why is that cart in here?" You ask him, ignoring his question. Curiosity had gotten the best of you, and you figure that it can't get much worse than it already is.

"Oh, that old thing? It's just a place where I put my tools."
He takes something off the tray and brings it over to you. It looks to be a cup of water.
"Thirsty?" He asks.

You look at him then to the glass. Your mouth is dry as a cotton ball, but you know that you can't trust this man.

"It's not poisoned." He says.

"How can I even drink it if I can't use my hands to hold up the glass?" You reply sarcastically.

"I can uncuff one of your hands, but only if you promise to not try anything stupid."

"Fine, I'll drink it." You mumble.

The man leans in and uncuffs one of your wrists, handing the glass of water to you.

You hesitantly take the glass from him and give it a sniff. Finally, you take a long drink, downing the whole glass.

"Thanks..." You mumble, wiping your lips and handing the cup back to him.

"Yeah." The guy replies and grabs your wrist, cuffing it back to the bed.

"So are you ever gonna tell me your name?" You ask him.

"Not any time soon. You have to earn it. Just like how you're gonna earn your freedom." He replies.

You roll your eyes. "And how am I supposed to do that?"

"Just behave and do what I say, y/n. Everything will be good if you obey." He replies.

You don't reply to him. In the silence between you two your stomach growls loudly.

"Hmm, are you hungry?" He asks, poking your stomach.

You writhe away from him. "Don't you fucking touch me." You hiss.

The guy sighs from behind his mask and takes his hand away. "Acting like that isn't gonna get you anywhere, darling. You need to eat eventually."

You stare daggers at him, staying silent.

The guy shrugs, putting his hands up in defense. "Whatever. I'll let you be." He grabs the tray and leaves the room, locking the door behind him.

You let out a long breath of air and stretch your aching muscles as best as you can. 'I really need to get out of here...'