Part 14: What's My Name?

It’s been a month and a half since Harry and I started living together and nothing has really happened. Which I was thankful for. Harry and I stayed on your sides and came and went as we pleased. The balcony still stayed the same and we never brought up the kiss but sometimes Harry and I would sit on the balcony and admire the Isle. He would hold me in his arms and I would feel safe. But, as far as Harry knew, I still hated him. As far as he knew, I was just doing this because Harry had nowhere else to go.

However, what Harry didn’t know, is that I was actually growing quite fond of him. Harry didn’t know that I enjoyed our talks on the balcony until I fell asleep in his arms. Harry didn’t know that I was beginning to like him because, as far as I knew, I didn’t.

But everytime Harry would hold me in his arms, butterflies would erupt in my stomach. Everytime, after I fell asleep, he would gently place me on the couch and lightly kiss my forehead my heart would pound in my chest. Therefore, I knew I was falling for him, but didn’t want to admit it. Yet, everytime I wanted to hate Harry, I couldn’t find a reason to.

Uma herself has even told me that I’m developing a crush on Harry. And, as much as I hate to admit it, once Uma mentioned me having a crush, it hit me in the face. What if I did have a crush on Harry? Would it seriously change the way I thought about him?

I groaned and laid my head on the counter as Uma walked out of the kitchen and placed a tray of food in front of me.

“Eat,” she commanded, knowing that I haven’t been eating much.

I sighed and lazily took a single fry from the tray and ate it as Uma turned her attention to the TV. Yet, even though she looked away, I felt another pair of eyes on me. I brought my head up and saw Harry’s blue eyes locked on me. After sighing again, I laid my head back down and began to nibble on another fry.

“Poser!” Uma said suddenly, getting everyone’s attention.

I felt Harry’s gaze go from me to the TV. “Traitor!”

Uma, not being satisfied with just Harry agreeing with her, turned to the other people in the fish and chips shop. “Hello?”

Other people threw food at the TV, most of it falling short and landing on me.

“I would love to wipe the smiles off their faces,” I mumbled. “You know what I mean?”

“Gil! You want to quit choking down yolks and get with the program?” Uma asked, stopping Gil from eating the food off my tray.

Gil’s head snapped up. “Yeah! What they said,” he said, with a mouth full of food.

“That little traitor, who left us in the dirt,” Uma said, glaring at the TV.

“Who turned her back on evil,” Harry sneered.

“Who said you weren’t big or bad enough to be in her gang,” Gil said, earning confused looks from me, Harry, and Uma. “Back when we were kids. Come on, you guys remember. She called Uma Shrimpy and Chloe a Hound because Chloe had that weird haircut that made her look like she had long ears. Then the name kind of… stuck.”

“That snooty little witch, who grabbed everything she wanted and left me- us nothing,” Uma said.

“No, she left you and Chloe that sandbox, and then she said that you could have the shrimp-” Gil said.

Uma got up in Gil’s face. “I need you to stop talking.”

Gil nodded as Uma returned her attention back to the TV.

“Look,” Harry said, sensing that Uma was getting angry, “we have her turf now! They can stay in Bore-adon.”

“Harry, that’s her turf now!” Uma snapped, turning off the TV. “And I want it too. We should not be getting her leftovers. Son of Hook, son of Gaston, Daughter of Cruella de Vil, and me, most of all, daughter of Ursula! What’s my name!”

Sensing that Uma was going to start one of her famous songs, I decided to slip out of the shop as she started singing. I didn’t leave because I didn’t want to hear Uma sing, I usually enjoy her singing. I left because I needed to think and her whole random singing thing wasn’t going to help me do so.