16

"How was school today cupcake?" Luke asked Holly, who was feeling better enough to return to school. Her sickness scared Luke.

"It was so fun, I made a new friend." She giggled.

"Is that so, what's her name?" Luke asked sitting her onto his lap.

"Daddy it's a he and his name is Marcus." She smiled playing with her dolls hair.

"Oh, well when can I meet this Marcus of yours?" Luke asked.

"I don't know Marcus is really busy he doesn't have a mommy or daddy anymore so he lives in a foster home." Holly  frowned.

"Well it's a good thing your his friend." Luke smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Daddy, I'm gonna take a nap." She hopped off his lap and ran down to her room.

Luke thought about the boy Marcus all day, poor kid.

-

Today Luke waited outside of Holly's school early.

He heard the final bell ring from inside and watched as all the kids started piling out of the school. Holly came running out with a small curly headed boy, with green eyes and freckles.

"Hey cupcake how was school?" Luke asked.

"It was so fun, daddy this is Marcus." She pointed to the small boy who was shyly staring at the ground.

"Hey buddy, I'm Mr.Hemmings Holly's dad." He knelt down beside Marcus.

"Hello sir, it's quite nice to meet you." He said in a small adorable voice, which caused Luke to smile and chuckle.

"Are you here all alone?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, I don't think Mrs.Merrick is coming today, she never comes on time." He sighed. He looked as if he was going to cry.

"Don't cry buddy." Luke wiped the tear that had managed to slip from Marcus' eye.

"I don't think she's coming I don't want to be here by myself." He said his eyes filled with water.

"You know what, come here." Luke said carrying him in his arms and also carrying Holly. He sat them both in the back seat.

Luke had no other choice then to bring poor little Marcus home.

"You'll come home with me." Luke smiled, also making Marcus smile.

"Thank you sir." He smiled.

-

"Yes hello I'm looking for my foster son Marcus." A middle aged lady who smelled of liquor and smoke approached Luke, Holly and Marcus at the police station.

"No please don't let her take me." Marcus held onto Luke's hand.

"I'm so sorry buddy." Luke sighed.

The lady grabbed Marcus by his hood partially choking him in the process.

"Take it easy will ya?" A police officer said.

"Bye Marcus." Holly waved goodbye.

"Bye Holly, Bye Mr.Hemmings." Marcus said as he has tears in his eyes. It was evident that he was afraid of his foster mom and wasn't very fond of her.

"I told you not to talk to strangers!" She yelled as she viciously grabbed him by the arm taking him out of the police station.

Luke carried Holly in his arms as he went into the car.

"Daddy what's gonna happen to Marcus?" Holly said with sadness in her voice.

"I don't know cupcake." Luke sighed kissing her cheek.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah cupcake?"

"I'm grateful for you." She kissed his cheek exactly where the dimple popped up.

"I'm grateful for you to cupcake." He replied.

A/N: AWWWWWWWW. Luke could be any child's father in this story tbh.