Sprace: Teenager-ism

Spot POV:

After college, Race and I got married. We decided to adopt a child. 13 years ago, a beautiful, healthy baby girl was placed in our care. Maria Lillian Higgins-Conlon. That was so long ago. Now, our baby girl is 13. Today was a Friday, meaning that Race and I had off work. 3:00 comes and Maria bursts into the door, and runs up to her room. I walk upstairs and knock on the bedroom door.

"What?" she snapped opening the door.

"Hey hon, what's going on?" I asked stepping inside of the light grey room.

"Nothing. Do you know if Aunt Kath is home?" she asked.

"I think so. Why do you want to go hang out there?" Race spoke, leaning in the doorway.

"Yeah." Maria replied, a sense of urgency in her voice.

We walked down the block to Jack and Katherines, where we saw Kath playing with the twins. She beckoned us inside and asked what was up.

"Hey guys! For what can I be of assistance?"

"Can I hang out here for a few hours?" My daughter asked, picking up Keenan.

"Only if it's alright by your parents." Kath told our baby girl, looking up at us from where she was sitting.

"Of course it is." Race responded, walking towards the door. "We'll pick you up in a couple hours."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maria POV:

My dads left Aunt Kath and I alone and I asked her a question. "Aunt Kath, when did you know that you were about to start your..." my voice fading as I got closer to saying the words.

"My what Hon?" she asked, looking at me.

"Your period." I replied bluntly, not wanting to sound dumb.

My aunt looked at me and walked over to me, her feet barely sweeping the floor. She grabbed my hand and I stood up, Keenan still in my arms, and followed Aunt Kath to the bathroom. She got down on the floor, and started digging through the cabinet under the sink.

A minute later, she popped back up with two boxes and a little zip up pouch.

"Here Hon." my aunt said, putting things in the pouch. She zipped it up and gave it to me. As I shoved it in my bag, we walked out of the bathroom, and heard my uncle Jack walk in the front door.

"Hey Darlin'." He walked over to us and planted a kiss on all of our heads. "How was your day?"

"Good. I just cleaned, and hung out with the twins." My aunt replied, hugging her husband.

I shifted Keenan to my other arm. "Hey Cowboy!" I exclaimed, grinning.

"God, you are just like Race." Jack looked at me and took Keenan from my grasp. "What do you guys want for dinner?"

"I should be headed home. Dad and Papa might be worried." I said, putting my cousin down.

I was headed toward the door only to feel something on my leg. "St-stay"

I turn around and see a Olive, the little baby girl, wrapped around my leg.

"Uncle Jack?"

"Yeah Pumpkin?" he asked, walking into the family room.

I looked down at the little girl attached to my leg. I bent down to pick her up and asked "Have either of them said their first word?"

My uncle looked at his daughter in disbelief. "What did she say?"

"Stay!" I heard from below me.

Uncle Jack ran over to me and grabbed his daughter. "Kath! Come here!" He called, hugging his baby girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack POV:

Oh my god. My baby girl had just said her first word. I called to Kath from the family room. Bustling into the room, my wife asked "What's wrong babe?"

"Umm... nothing. Quite the opposite actually" I told her, smiling.

"What did she do?"

"Tell her Pumpkin.

That was Maria's cue. "She said her first word. She told me to stay." My wife dropped the spoon she was holding. She went into the kitchen and grabbed her phone. She called Race and walked back into the family room, handing Maria the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Race POV:

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I break the kiss I was sharing with my amazing husband and took my phone out of my pocket. Katherine was facetiming me. I answered the phone, and saw my daughter, Jack, and Kath sitting on the couch.

"Come on Olive oil!" I heard Jack say

"Stay!"

"HOLY SHIT!" I exclaimed, covering my mouth.

"Was that her first word?" Spot asked, his head buried into the crook of my neck.

"Yeah. Didn't think it would be so soon." Katherine replied, a smile on her face.

Jack spoke up. "Anyhow, can we keep the kid for dinner?""

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why yes, I did make Jack and Kath's kid a genius. 

Thanks for reading.

<3