Chapter 30

When they got onto the roof, the sun was starting to set. Tsukasa turned and looked at Y/n with a wistful expression.

"Do you remember how we first met?" He asked, cocking his head. Y/n nodded.

She had been trying to kill herself. Just at the last moment, Tsukasa grabbed her and kept her from falling off the building. Y/n smiled to herself. She was glad he had saved her.

Back then, she had been unhappy and alone. Now, she had Tsukasa and the others to be there for her.

Y/n looked over at the ghost boy. He seemed older, not at all like when they first met. Of course, he was still childish and loud, but he seemed to have matured since then.

"Y/n...?" He asked quietly.

"Yes?" She asked, turning her body to face him. Tsukasa did the same, looking in her eyes with an expression she had never seen on his face before.

"I... I have something to tell you..." He said, sounding embarrassed but determined. Y/n noticed that his face seemed a little pink.

It was probably just the light from the sun. Right...?

"What is it?" She asked, her heart starting to pound. Why was it doing that?

"Well..." The boy paused before reaching out and grabbing Y/n's hands. She immediately blushed from the sudden contact. Tsukasa smiled lightly. Y/n could now definitely tell that he was blushing, too.

"You see, I... I like you." He said firmly, looking at her sincerely. "A lot. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Y/n. I didn't realize it before, but I've liked you since we first met. I love everything about you; your hair, your eyes, your shyness... and your blush." He looked to the side, suddenly embarrassed. "You... you mean the world to me, Y/n."

Y/n stared at the boy in shock.

It felt like a light had turned on inside her head.

Tsukasa liked her... no, loved her. He had always been there for her, always trying to make her feel better. He cared about her more than anyone else ever had.

And what was her thoughts about him?

He was her friend. 

And instead of admitting she liked him back, she had come up with a random crush on some new kid whom she barely talked to.

"Tsukasa..." She whispered, feeling her heart leap. "I..."

New kid...

Suddenly, it clicked.

Hisato Nakamura. A new kid who came to the school a day after the Mokke disappeared. His hair was as pink as they were. As spirits vanished, Hisato's appearance changed. That seemed very supernatural. Recently, Yako was killed. She had been blonde...

The same blonde that Hisato was a few days ago.

Y/n felt dizzy, and she stumbled back.

"Y/n?!" Tsukasa exclaimed fearfully. Y/n shook her head.

"I-I'm sorry..." She whispered. "I've gotta go..." With that, she ran through the door, leaving Tsukasa alone on the roof.

~Sakura's POV~

Sakura heard the door open. She put her bookmark in and closed the book, turning to face Tsukasa.

"Well?" She asked, smiling. "How did it-" She stopped when she saw the distraught look on the boy's face. He shuffled to the couch and sat down heavily, curling up into a ball.

"I messed up." He whimpered, voice small. "I really messed up..."

~~~~~~

New chapter coming soon!