Special delivery

DO NOT ROMANTICIZE ANYTHING FROM THIS BOOK. THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION AND SHOULD NEVER BE REPLICATED IN THE REAL WORLD.

THIS IS NOT A POTRAYAL OF LOVE NOR THIS IS THE NORM OF 'LOVE'. THIS IS ABUSE AND SHOULD NEVER BE NORMALIZED IN THE REAL WORLD.

MARION'S BEHAVIOR IS ABNORMAL AND SHOULD NEVER BE EMULATED IN REAL LIFE.

Finally, the rain calmed into a mere drizzle. You watch as the rate of droplets hitting the ground reduces. You scratched your neck, should you leave now? Or wait for the rain to stop completely? You gasped in surprise when you take a look at your watch.

"Better make a move now." You placed your suitcase over your head and started advancing forward. You shiver as cold drops of rainwater soaks through your clothes. Your walking soon became running, you desperately wanted to get home, away from Marion.

All that reaches your ears are the frantic splashing of your workshoes against the puddles of water and the sounds of traffic in the drizzle. You zipped through all obstacles, almost trampling into a few in the process. "Good thing this suitcase is waterproof, or my report will be done for."

Finally, you 'reached' home. Well, not exactly. You panted as you slowly brought the suitcase down from your head. You used one hand to support yourself on the wall, and the other pressing the 'up' button to the elevator.

You furrowed your eyebrows when it did not arrive after a long while. So you fire rapid pushes to the button.

"Sorry sugar. It's under maintenance." A hoarse voice called out. You turned around to see a burly woman in her 50's holding a toolbox on her left and a screwdriver on her right. You sighed and stepped away from the button. She took a look at you and tutted in disapproval.

"Mhm, you gotta start comin' home earlier. I can see your eyebags are larger than your suitcase over there!" She proceeds to unscrew the metal cover around the button. In response to that, your fingers reached out to touch the area under your eyes.

"Y...yeah, you're right. Have a great night, ma'am." You weakly replied.

"Sugar, call me 'Aunty'. All ya neighbours are calling me that and I like it." She removed the cover to reveal a cluster of wires of different colours. You nodded and picked your suitcase up.

"You best be getting ya beauty sleep, girly. You still young 'n should be havin' fun." Your eye twitched in annoyance.

"Fun is damn expensive. I rather not have it." You gave a tight-lipped smile and walked to the stairs.

Once you were out of sight, 'Aunty' shook her head as she starts to work on the faulty wires.
"Poor, poor, girl. Workin herself to the bones!" She mumbled under her breath.

Aunty turned her back to retrieve her toolbox, then she saw a certain brunette a few meters away, looking up. He was checking out the apartment building.

An open umbrella, shielding him from the light rain. His other hand was empty, he did not buy anything from the bakery.

Aunty was curious as to who that man is. "Hey! Young man!" She yelled out loud enough for him to hear. The brunette turned his focus to her with wide, innocuous eyes.

"Never seen you 'round here before! Are ya lost?" The male gazed down briefly before replying to Aunty's question.

"No, I... this building is beautiful." His lips gradually turned into a pleasant smile. His focus returned upwards. His eyes are actually following a silhouette on a lit window.