Hoseok

"How are you feeling? Are you cold? Sick? Hungry? Hurting anywhere?"
"Joon-Ah." I groan, sitting back on the bed and enjoying the plump pillow behind me. "I'm fine. Nothing happened to me. I don't need anything."
He frowns, discontented. "Let me do something for you."
"I don't need anything. Really." Exasperated. "Can't you just come sit with me, please. I just want you."
Slowly, he sits down and pulls me into his arms. I snuggle into his arms and just breathe in his prominent scent. I've missed him so much.
I was honestly afraid I'd never have this again. That I'd be forced to become Taehyung's and he'd take me away from my mate forever.
All is silent for a while. I close my eyes and begin to relax.
"Why did you do it?" His voice is low and soft. Dangerous.
I don't open my eyes. I'm ashamed. "I wanted to help Jin."
"We could have found some other way. That's not why you did it. Tell me the truth, Hoseok. Why did you leave me and go with my brother?"
He doesn't really sound angry...just more like hurt or disappointed. There's something else too mixed in.
Slowly, I sit up and look at him. He refuses to look back. "..."
"Do you have any idea what I've been going through here without you? I thought I lost you for good. What if he killed you? Raped you? Tortured you? You've seen the way he behaves with his own mate. He's an unpredictable psychopath. Why do you never think of the consequences of your actions, Hoseok? What you did was very stupid and dangerous."
My breath hitches in my throat. He looks cold and mad. There's an almost literal chill in the air around him. Most of all, what gets to me the most, though, is the hidden depths inside his cold eyes.
He thinks I betrayed him. "I didn't want to go. He...blackmailed me. Made me think he'd hurt Jin if I didn't—"
"He would have done so regardless if you went or not. How could you have saved him? Could you really go against him? Was he hurt when you got there?"
I pause, biting my lip. "He...he wasn't."
He gives me a look, raising an eyebrow. "Wasn't what?"
"He left. He wasn't there. He left the mansion and Taehyung..." I don't think I'll mention the role of my almost replacement. It didn't happen. It all worked out...right?
Namjoon freezes, glaring at me. I hate it. It makes me flinch. I instinctively clutch my stomach protectively. "He just...abandoned you there after Taehyung kidnapped you? What exactly was your roll in saving him supposed to be?"
"Joon..."
Shaking his head, he gets up and begins to pace. "I've been going mad these few weeks. Imagining every scenario that could possibly take place. We're you trying to kill me?"
     Trembling, I wipe my eyes. Ashamed at being weak. Vulnerable. Gullible. He's right. I know he's right. I deserve every bit of his wrath now.
     He's tense, every muscle strained as he continues to pace the room. Never once looking in my direction.
    "I'm...I'm sorry."
     He stops suddenly, back stiff and strong. Unrelenting. I haven't felt this small in front of him in a long, long time. I'm brought back to how I used to feel when we first met. I guess I'd gotten used to affection and softness just for me.
     I'm just now remembering what a formidable being my mate actually is. A cold vampire leader of his people. A mob boss. I don't like being on his bad side. I want his softness that only I get to witness.
      Slowly, scared, I get off the bed and walk over to his side. He still won't look at me. Hesitantly, I wrap my arms and his waist and place my head against his back. My tears wet his black shirt. He doesn't respond and it hurts.
     It hurts so much.
    "D-do you hate me? Do you still love me? Please don't abandon me. Don't turn me away. I'll do anything...please. I was wrong. I was dumb. I wasn't thinking. I hurt you and I will never forgive my stupidity. D-don't do this to me. Please...for our baby..."
     His head drops low but still he doesn't respond. Doesn't acknowledge me at all so I tighten my grip on him, refusing to let him go. I won't.
     We stand like that for what feels like forever. Me sobbing silently and holding on for dear life. I know. I know he could easily escape from me. Could kill me in a second if he really wished but instead he just stands like a cold immortal statue. Cold and hard.
     After some time, my tears stop and my body stops trembling. It's then that I notice...
     His body is shaking.
     I peak around and realize for the first time that...that he's crying, too.
    "Joon-ah." My voice cracks.
    Abruptly, he turns to face me and clasps my face in his hands. "Did he touch you?"
    I hesitate and his sharp eyes notice it all. "What do you mean?"
    "Don't lie to me. Tell me honestly. Did he touch you? Lay his hands on you in any way? Tell me now!"
     I want to say no. I want nothing more than to pretend but the way he's observing me...I know he will catch any lie I tell. "N-not much."
     His eyes close for the briefest moments before he crushes me to his chest. "How did he?"
     "Namjoon—"
    "Tell me everything. Where did he touch? How? With what part of his body? Did he hurt you?"
     "J-just a kiss.."
     He growls, forcing my chin up and kissing me aggressively. I can barely open my mouth before his tongue is thrust inside and dominating, replacing. Reclaiming that space as his own.
     His hands run over every part of my body in the process. "What else? His scent is all over you."
     "He didn't do anything else. J-just put me in his bed."
     "Why the fuck were you in his bed?!"
     Shit. I really don't want him to know about the plan of forcing a mating on me in place of Jin.
     I don't blame Jin for leaving me there and getting his own freedom. I just regret that it was a wasted effort. In the end he was forced to return for me. My whole reason for going there backfired. Instead of helping him, I hindered him.
     I'm so weak.
     Why can't I be more like Jungkook? He's a strong wolf. I'm just...not. How does he do it? It's unfair, really.
     I cling to my mate, trying to soothe his worry. Being useless in the only real way I can. "J-just to mess with me. It was nothing more, I promise. Please, I'm alright. It's fine."
    Groaning, he lifts me into his arms and carries me to the bed, settling down against the headboard and tucking me onto his chest.
     "You are my life, Hoseok. Do you have any idea how important a vampire's life is to them? It is eternal and filled with power. You give me that power and strength. I refuse to lose those things. I will do anything and everything to protect those precious things. Do you understand what I'm saying, Hoseok?" His voice is gentle and low, his fingers soft as they trail through my hair.
     I feel nervous and fearful, however. I do understand what he's saying. "You...you are going to keep me locked up in here, right?"
     His hand pauses. "It's for your own good. I can't trust your judgment anymore, love. I will keep you safe even at your own expense. It's not just you anymore. You are carrying my heir, our future. You must allow me to protect and cherish you how I see fit."
     Closing my eyes, I have no argument. I don't want to leave his side anyway. "I'll do anything you ask me. I promise."
     His body finally relaxes. "Good. Get some sleep. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold back from taking you. Rest well and prepare yourself for tomorrow."
      I gulp.
     How am I supposed to go to sleep with that?