37 | war of hearts

| meliorism |
chapter thirty-seven

| meliorism |chapter thirty-seven

  ҉  ҉  ҉

    Self-doubt and loneliness shouldn't go hand in hand, it was the doomed of many. Unfortunately, that was all that surrounded her as she sat in the ground in the middle of the woods. The darkness surround her, taking every corner of the trees, but the little flame floating in front of her made her company. That was all that she needed.

Sometimes, it was better to be alone. Being surrounded by people who constantly put you second and lied to keep you controlled was a toxic environment. Being alone assured your safety, but not your sanity. Loneliness could eat you alive, starting from the inside.

    Rhena remembered the day she began to lose her mind. It wasn't surrounded by people, by the comments of others or in confinement, it was by being with herself.

    There was a moment in everyone's lives when doing the right time was difficult. Maybe because it was going to interfere with the peace of everyone around them, or maybe because it meant going after the very thing every person was afraid to achieve, their happiness.

    Rhena Bekker faced a difficult decision while she sat in the middle of the dark woods, waiting for an sign. There were two options that kept weighting in her shoulders, go chase the truth, or stay and face the consequences of her actions.

    If she stayed, she would have to explain the little she knew to her family, but she would be safe and trying to live a normal life. On the other hand, she could also go and discover the truth, the real reason and the real memories that had been stripped away from her. If she went away, she would have a higher chance of finding the truth to her own story.

    In both sides, there were consequences and virtudes; on both ways, it could all end up wrong. There were too many risks on each end, and she stuck in the middle, like always.

    While she stared at the night sky, she thought of everything that could go wrong, self doubting of her capabilities of handle situations. Perhaps something deadly might come her way if she chose the wrong pathway to go, the only problem was that she had no way to know which one was the right way.

Despite the doubts and the loneliness that was overcoming her, she closed her eyes, already deciding her way. There were things in life that should be accomplished alone, she needed to find herself again. And to do that, she would have to do it the same way it all started, by being alone.

    The right decision was sometimes the hardest. No matter how much it hurt, at the end of the day, it came to finding happiness, or just settle with the loneliness of your heart. It was no surprise, after all, she was born to run.