13 | heartbeat

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 13
HEARTBEAT
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 13⸻ HEARTBEAT┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

BEFORE I KNOW IT, three days has passed. It is my graduation day and my parents, my family, my friends are here.

The cool breezy air, the loud little chatter and the people buzzing here and there with their loved ones bring a smile to my face.

"Hey, where's your husband? He should be here by now," Ryujin says, nudging my arm to get my attention.

He told me that he will be a little late because of work. I said it was fine and he should come if he wasn't busy but he persistently insisted. I was just surprised how determined he was to be involved.

Speaking of which, my eyes finally meet his from afar. He takes a few strides to me with his parents and younger siblings in his black suit and tie, wearing the biggest smile on his face.

I nod and grin at my parents-in-law. Before I could greet them, my body is enveloped into an embrace by Taehyung's little sister.

I had conversations with her a few times prior. She is very friendly and sweet, which makes us easily get along. She is older but interestingly enough, she looks younger than me. 

"Congratulations, little sister!" she hushes, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. I chuckle and return her warm welcome.

"Thank you, eonnie," I smile before pulling away. "Thank you so much for coming, eomma and appa Kim. I really appreciate it,"

"No worries, we were delighted to join and congratulate you! Happy graduation, my dear," Mrs. Kim says with a pretty smile forms on her face as her husband nods along.

"Thank you," I utter, grinning brightly.

I could feel someone is staring, and immediately, goosebumps pricks onto my skin.

"Happy graduation, Mia," he calls and I turn to him.

He is holding a bouquet as he walks closer, catching me off guard when he stoops down and nonchalantly kisses me on the right cheek. I stand there, freezing on my spot, staring widely at him.

"Alright, let's give them privacy," I hear Mr. Kim's low voice whispers. He gestures his wife and children to saunter away from us to my parents who's taking pictures.

I offer him a hard glare. "What was that for?"

"Nothing, just wanted to show you some affections," he grins. "Anyway, this is for you," he mutters, handing me a bouquet of flowers.