KStar- Turbulence

JJ's P.O.V.

The plane didn't give us much room to move around but then again it was private- the pinnacle of luxury. Vikk had bounced up and down in his seat for almost half an hour, this was his first time on a private plane so I honestly did understand his excitement, but it meant he tired himself out very fast. An hour after take off his head was beginning to nod in the seat next to me, and I smiled to myself.

None of the other boys were paying much attention to us, more focused on taking photos, looking out the windows, chatting between themselves or playing around on their phones. The boys included the five other Sidemen and a few others so every seat was full. Still, none of them noticed Vikk and I, the former falling asleep in his seat and the latter- me- whose hand was creeping onto the others lap. In his half asleep state he still grabbed onto my hand, gently squeezing. I leaned over and whispered to him-

"Sleepy Vikk?" He nodded, mumbling out some wordless reply before his head nodded once more. This time I caught him and shuffled over to the edge of my seat, resting his head on my shoulder.

He gave me a gentle smile, hand still in mine, before he eventually drifted off. I didn't move, running my finger over his hand in a comforting motion and for quite a while he stayed asleep, not even reacting when the plane went through some quite violent turbulence. I simply held his head still and whispered comforting words into his ear as the plane rattled around us and the others settled back into their own seats, some falling asleep and some watching out the window.

After an hour or so he started to stir more, blinking his eyes open as the plane rocked. He sat with his eyes wide, having jolted up when the plane bumped once more. I squeezed his hand.

"Hey Vikky, it's alright, just turbulence." I whispered, stroking his arm. "What a time to wake up, huh?"

He blinked a little bit, looking very unsettled. His hands were shaking and for a moment I wasn't entirely sure what to do until I glanced up and saw that no one else was paying attention to us. They were all sleeping, reading or chatting so I didn't hesitate in pulled him off his chair and up onto my lap, settling him between my legs so his head was resting in the crook of my shoulder. He sighed happily, settling back into my chest.

"Are you gonna be able to sleep there?" I asked, securing my arms around his waist. He nodded tiredly, eyes already flickering. "Good." I pulled him further up onto my lap. "Sleep tight."

I honestly wasn't expecting it, but I was asleep a couple of minutes after he was.

Simon's P.O.V.

I had fallen asleep, I think, as had most of the others. I woke up about 3 hours in to the 4 hour flight and wasn't at all surprised to see almost all the others still sleeping, exhausted after a long few weeks. What I wasn't expecting to see, however, were the two boys in the seat directly in front of me.

When we boarded Vikk and JJ had been sitting side by side, unusual because I honestly hadn't considered them to be close friends, close enough to want to sit side by side for a four hour flight, especially after everything JJ did to annoy or perhaps bully Vikk. But clearly I was wrong because they had boarded and sat together happily, chatting for a while until Vikk fell asleep.

But now, something was different. Now, Vikk as sleeping on JJ's lap. That was the last thing I was expecting to see if I was completely honest and at first, I wasn't sure how to react. I stood up and peered around my row to check that it wasn't just my eyes deceiving me, but no, the second youngest sideman really was asleep on my best friends lap. Oh, and JJ was asleep as well, arms secured around Vikk's waist. I sat back in my seat, blinking.

I had thought that Tobi was asleep in the seat beside me but now he looked up, brow furrowed.

"What's up?" He asked, confused.

"Can you look over these seats and tell me my eyes aren't deciving me please?" I said back, totally bewildered. Clearly there was something going on that I didn't, nor any of the others, understood. He did as I asked and then sat back down, looking just as confused as I felt.

"Is Vikk sleeping on JJ's lap?"

".... Yes?" I said slowly.

"Is there something I'm missing here? They've never been close enough to hold an actual conversation with actual meaning before, why the hell is Vikk on JJ's lap?!"

"Don't ask me." I shrugged. "That's why I'm asking you."

Tobi rubbed his face, peering at me over his fingers.

"I honestly don't know, but we're going to have to ask them when they wake up because I want answers as to exactly the situation going on over there." He paused. "I have literally no answers. I don't know, and I want to know."

"Same."

I took one last peek over the seats before settling back in my own, ready for the last hour of the flight.

----------------------------------------------

Tobi and I confronted them after we were all back home and rested, and Tobi had come back over to our house specifically for this. Josh was out somewhere, probably with Freya, so it gave us the opportune moment to go and confront them. And to my surprise, once again, when I nodded on Vikk's door, JJ was already in there.

"Ummm, hello?" He said confusedly, opening the door a bit wider- that was when I realised JJ was in there as well. "What'da you want?" Tobi stood in behind me.

"Answers would be helpful." He piped up, raising one eyebrow at Vikk. "Can we come in?"

"I... I guess?" He looked even more confused now and he glanced back at JJ, giving him a look I couldn't see.

"What's up?" JJ said easily, slung over Vikk's couch. Tobi and I sat down on the end of his bed.

"We mostly want to know what the hell is going on between you two. Two days ago we thought you weren't even that close and given the shit you give Vikk that is kind of warranted, but then on the plane you've got Vikk asleep on your lap?" I directed the question at JJ. "And now you're hanging out in his room? Like, what's going on?"

Vikk and JJ stared at each other for a moment and I noticed the former had gone quite red, one hand covering his face.

"I- ummmm" Vikk stuttered. "I- I don't know-" He and JJ looked at each other again, JJ nodded, Vikk shrugged, and then JJ spoke.

"Can I tell them?" Vikk paused, then nodded. JJ continued. "Alright, we'll explain. We're together."

It took a couple of moments before those words really sank in and Tobi and I shared a look of utter surprise- jesus, that was the last thing I was expecting to come out of this conversation. They were together?

"I'm sorry, but what the fuck?" I said, blinking. "Since when? What?"

Vikk shared an uneasy look with JJ and I managed to calm myself down- it was probably coming off like I wasn't supportive.

"To be clear I don't actually mind but what? How long has this been going on?"

"Almost 2 years." Vikk mumbled. "You guys aren't that observant."

Tobi and I stared for another long moment.

"Okay... wow... I guess we knew what's going on then, huh?" JJ managed a shaky smile.

"I guess you do."