• Tears •

Chapter eleven: Tears

It was a bright day on the palace

It was a bright day on the palace. All the girls involved with the competition were learning how to do embroidery, an art of creating beautiful patterns on a fabric, with the Crown Prince's mother herself, the Queen Consort.

Hyun Ae enjoyed it. She and her mother used to do embroidery at home. She loves the satisfaction she get every time she managed to create one magnificent design.

But the lesson was cut short when one of the Queen's court ladies hurried inside. "The cuju has began, Your Majesty." Said the woman.

The Queen smiled and put the pair of needle and thread down, as she stood up. "I supposed this will be the end for this lesson. I really appreciate all of your hard work." Said the Queen of their country.  "And today, I am dismissing all of you. You can now head back to your quarter and take rest or prepare for tomorrow's event."

The Queen was kind and beautiful.
Hyun Ae remembered always hearing good things about the woman from her parents. Especially from her mother.

And tomorrow was one of the biggest day in their country. The palace will throw a huge celebration.
It would be the offering of the spiritual realm. The event happens every new year's eve, marking of the welcoming of a new fruitful year.
A head medium will preform the rites in front of the royal family, including the officials.

The woman left after.

Hyun Ae get ready to leave, Hwa Young is also doing the same beside her. "I heard that the two Princes are out for their cuju on the southern filed of the palace," Hwa Young whispered to her. "Would you like to watch? I heard from some officials that we are allowed to be there, just not too close or we might intervene with the game." The girl added, smiling widely at Hyun Ae.

Hyun Ae smiled. "I would love to."

Now that she think of it, she then realized that it has been days since the last time she saw the Crown Prince, her friend, because she was too focused on the competition and he was too indulge with his duty.

"And besides, I heard from my mother this morning that my oraboni will also be present on that game." Said Hyun Ae, smiling.

"Your older brother? The one that studies on Sungkyungwan?" Hwa Young asked, and Hyun Ae proudly nod her head.

"Yes!" She beamed, walking side by side with her friend as they walk towards the door of the room. "He's good friends with the Crown Prince."