10. Just Like Before

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

*FFFFTTTTTT!!*

[Excuse me...] - (Y/N)

A man beside me gave the look after I unexpectedly farted in front of the entrance. I have the honey garlic pizza in my hands after I managed to persuade the taxi driver to go to pizza centre on the way to the hospital.

And boi, he even charged me double the ride cost because of it.

I took a few steps through the auto doors and the addictive smell of the hospital scent entered my nostrils, which was one of the reasons I became a doctor.

In truth, I don't truly hate hospitals, it is just that I do not want to do a medical checkup at it, because I am infected. People who are found to be infected often get sent to the labour outside of uninfected living sites... Basically similar to exile.

[(Y/N)?] - ???

A familiar female voice calls out to me, and I turn my gaze towards her.

She has raven-black coloured messy hair which complimented her long face, and her eyes were gold. A long surgical lower wear covers her legs and a long dark blue coat covers her upper body. At the back of her clothes, is written Rhodes Island with the symbol drawn.

Usually, if I were to meet a friend who I did not have meet for quite some time, I would have instantly greeted him or her... But at this woman, it is a different matter.

[It is rare to see the last Rhodes Island's doctor here, right Maria?] - (Y/N)

(A/N: Introducing the doctor of Rhodes Island. I'm still drawing her art)

[A little greeting of 'good morning' would be nice for the both of us] - Maria

Her eyes are beaming energy as she skips to me.

It is not that I hate her, but I have a bit of problem being around her.

[Have you consider about it yet?] - Maria

[I already refuse that offer] - (Y/N)

The experiences I have as an intern in Rhodes Island is unforgettable. Not in a good way, but a bit at the bad side as well.

If I were to accept, my past will come to haunt me down. Not literally THE past, I am talking about people who are involved in it.

Now that I knew that the Reunions are searching for me, gives me more the reasons to not accept. I do not want others to be hurt because of me, especially the ones that are close.

[It is because of that time?] - Maria

[Yes, a part of it] - (Y/N)

Maria and I were interns 6 years ago, studying together in Rhodes Island. My step-mother was related to it but... Now, she rests in peace.

[That was a long time ago... You could have, move on from it] - Maria

She said quietly and sadly for whom I have lost.

[I did, but that left a scar on me] - (Y/N)

If that incident did not happen, I think I would already join the organisation. But it did, leaving me in a denial daze.

Other than that, I only regarded her as a nuisance. My years during studying were not comfortable because of her. At least it is not too much, I do not remember much about it now, except for my mother. Holding onto grudges is unhealthy to a person.

That is why hen-

[Any other reasons for your refusal? If it is something you want, I can get it to prepare at Rhodes Islands base] - Maria