18

MARCH 28, 2019

"And last, five, four, three, two, and one." Hoseok clapped his hands and shouted, "Good job, everyone! Let's take a ten minute break and do another run for Dionysus."

The members scattered off to different directions, Jeongguk immediately heading to the table where their bags were. He took five gulps of water and was still breathing heavily as he opened his phone.

7:51 am
LALISA
good morning to you,
too, guk

He smiled as he read the text. The memories of last night replayed in his mind - her kissing his cheek (genuinely), their hug before entering the Artspace and after the dinner, him driving her back to her apartment complex and hearing her say, "Goodnight, Junglebook. Eyes on the road and rest well, yeah?"

Even if he planned her birthday in such a short period of time, yesterday was still a success seeing as how she reacted to the paint workshop and the dinner. Thank goodness, he actually was able to ask help from her members - even if they didn't trust him.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung were fine, they were nice to him and were pleasantly surprised when they found out about their "relationship." Jennie, on the other hand, was who he was scared of.

The way she talked and the way she texted was what you can call... formal. She types in correct spellings, accurate punctuation marks, and addressed him formally. This was what intimidated him the most. He knew he shouldn't be shocked about their reactions because all he just did was get Jisoo's number from Taehyung and texted her with the lines, hey, it's me jeon jeongguk, tae's co-member. i would like to ask permission to borrow your member lisa for her birthday as she is my girlfriend. thank you.

He regretted saying that afterwards as Jisoo called the number not a second later. Jeongguk was bombarded wtih how did you meet, how did you fall in love, are you sure you aren't going to hurt her, and we should eat dinner together.

Taehyung later then asked him what it was all about. Good thing he deleted the sent text to Jisoo before he could even read it. Just a quiry, Tae.

"Hey, what are you smiling about?" Jimin popped out of nowhere, peeking on his shoulders. He immediately hid the phone in his pocket before he could see it. "Lalisa?" Holy shit, Jeongguk thought as he tried to find an excuse.

"Oh, um, hyung, it's just my friend." He faked a smile, which turned into a grimace. "You know, '97 liners and stuff."

Jimin squinted his eyes and grinned, "EVERYONE! Kookie has a girlfriend!" He shouted on the top of his lungs. The other five members all snapped their heads to them.

Fuck. "What? NO! It's just a fri-" He was instantly tackled to the ground as his phone was removed from his pocket. "Hey, hey! Don't read that!"

"Lalisa, huh?" Namjoon tilted his head as they all tried to peek on his phone which was in Seokjin's hand. "Whose Lalisa? An idol?"

Jimin shrugged, still holding him down, "He did say it was from the '97 liners, so possibly an idol."

Taehyung came to a realization, "You mean Lalisa? As in the Lisa from Blackpink?" All of them turned to look at him, who smiled sheepishly. "Oh no, you didn't. That's why you called Jisoo, huh?"