Bloodlust

"Whoo! Listen to her purr! Have you ever heard anything so sweet?" Dean asked Sam and I as we roared down the road in the newly fixed up Impala. "You know, if you two wanna get a room, just let Sam and me know, Dean." I teased as I lean forward on the backseat and Sam laughs.

"Oh, don't listen to her, baby. She doesn't understand us." Dean said and I rolled my eyes but I laugh. "You're in a good mood." Sam pointed out.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Dean asked. "No reason." Sam said. "Got my car, got a case, things are looking up." Dean said. "Wow. Give you a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows and you're Mister Sunshine." I said and Dean laughs at this.

"How far to Red Lodge?" He asked. "Uh, about another three hundred miles." Sam said. "Good." Dean said and he floors it.

"The murder investigation is ongoing, and that's all I can share with the press at this time." The sheriff of Red Lodge said to me and the boys, since the three of us were acting like reporters. "Sure, sure, we understand that, but just for the record, you found the first, uh, head last week, correct?" Sam asked and the Sheriff nodded.

"Okay, and the other, a uh, Christina Flanigan..." I said. "That was two days ago. Is there --" The sheriff said but then there was a knock at his door and he looks up at her and nods.

"Oh. Sorry, time's up, we're done here." He said. "One last question --" Sam started to say until Dean talks over him. "Yeah, what about the cattle?" He asked and the Sheriff looks at us, shocked. "Excuse me?"

"You know, the cows found dead, split open, drained ... over a dozen cases." Dean said to him. "What about them?" The sheriff asked.

"So you don't think there's a connection?" I asked him. "Connection...with...?" The sheriff said, confused. "First cattle mutilations, now two murders? Kinda sounds like ritual stuff." Sam said. "You know, like satanic cult ritual stuff?" Dean said and the man begins to laugh but realized our serious faces.

"You - you're not kidding." He said, stunned. "No." I said. "Those cows aren't being mutilated. You wanna know how I know?" He said to us. "How?" Sam asked. "Because there's no such thing as cattle mutilation. Cow drops, leave it in the sun, within forty eight hours the bloat'll split it open so clean it's just about surgical. The bodily fluids fall down into the ground and get soaked up because that's what gravity does. But, hey, it could be Satan. What newspaper did you say you work for?" The sheriff said and the boys and I exchange a look.

"World Weekly News..."

"Weekly World News."

"World -"

"Weekly... I'm new." Dean said to him as we give nervous look towards him. "Get out of my office." The sheriff growls at us.

The boys and I enter the morgue, still wearing our shirts and ties with some white lab coats over us. The intern on duty was sitting at the desk and Dean looks him over before he approaches the man. "John." He said and the man stands up, quickly. "Jeff." The man corrected. "Jeff. I know that." Dean laughs.

"Dr. Dworkin needs to see you in his office right away." Dean said to Jeff. "But Dr. Dworkin's on vacation." Jeff said, confused. "Well, he's back. And he's pissed, and he's screaming for you, man, so if I were you I would..." Dean said before he whistles and Jeff runs away.

"Okay." He mutters and we go towards the lockers where they keep the bodies. "Hey, those satanists in Florida, they marked their victims, didn't they?" Dean asked us. "Yeah, reversed pentacle on the forehead." Sam replied. "Yeah. So much f'd up crap happens in Florida." Dean mutters as he hands Sam and I a couple pair of latex gloves and puts on a pair of his own.