TWO

* * *

Somewhere in another country, an island called Isla de los Muertos, lived four bandits.

The island itself is in the shape of a skull, ragged cliffs, powdery pink sand on the beaches, a dense forest full of many creatures; humans, animals, magical beings alike live within this island. Isla de los Muertos is a beautiful island. It's name may have a foreboding sound to it but it is in fact a sanctuary. A haven for those who seek refuge, wisdom or penance.

However, a place devoid of a ruling body is bound to become a lawless land. So, as much as it is a paradise with its natural scenic sights, the island harbors some delinquent inhabitants. And four bandits was just a few of those delinquents.

They call themselves The Lionhearts.

Nobody really knows of their true identities but everybody knows their deed.

Pirate ships fresh from a bountiful conquest passes by the island and loses all of their stolen treasure including their ships; Only the Lionhearts would dare rob a pirate ship. Another groups of bandits in the neighboring cities of Taurea and Esmeralda robs jewellers and trading shops always end up empty handed all because the Lionhearts took their prize away right under their noses. Groups of mercenaries ransacks a countryside of their harvest and livestock ends up all dead, drowning in their own pool of blood, a mark of a lion carved in their chests and the said harvests and livestocks lands in the possession of the Lionhearts.

These pirates, these other bandits and these mercenaries couldn't stand a chance against these four. Because there may only be four of them but each of them is worth the strength and wit of a hundred battle-skilled men.

The Lionhearts' deeds are very well known within the elite circle of criminals. But one may ask, what does these bandits do with so much treasures they took from their fellow outlaws?

They give them to the peasants. Only taking what they need to live a comfortable life, and the rest are given to the poor. Not just in all of Isla de los Muertos, but also in the neighboring cities of Taurea and Esmeralda. They do so very discreetly. Giving away fair amounts of food, clothing and bags of gold doubloon. And of course, their infamous mark of the lion are also left just to remind these people who gave them something to survive on.

They are so notorious, many have tried and failed to take them down. Including the bandits of Serpentina, a much larger and more notorious group of bandits that roams the far eastern side of the Empire of Arcadia. The Serpentinas have always targeted the largest and wealthiest country in the world but always failed because Arcadia is a stronghold that protected all of its citizens from any and all threat. Just like how they have failed many times to take down the four bandits who call themselves The Lionhearts.

"What have we learned from this most recent attempt at taking down the lionbutts??!" Jelena, a serpentina henchwoman asked her group as they huddled inside Simona's Tavern.

Each looked at one another, unable to reply.

"Am I surrounded by idiots or what?? Answer me, bitches!!" she demanded.

One dared to speak meekly after a moment of contemplation, "The shortest one is the strongest,"

"Yes! And the tallest is the fastest one, it was all a blur! One second I was holding the bag of jewels and then the tall one was in front of me and then,"

Bam!! Jelena slammed her hand at the table, silencing the rambling one immediately. "In other words, nothing!! We already know the short one is incredibly strong and the tall one is faster than a shooting star! Tell me something I do not know!!"