- bitchin' - mw

everyone was tired to the max

everyone just wanted to go home and sleep it off, and deal with the upside down situation another day - or, even better - never.

luckily, everyone was able to take a break in an empty supermarket to take care of each other.

y/n, will, lucas, max, nancy and jonathan all split up to find materials that could potentially help el, as mike stayed with the injured girl.

"how are you feeling?" mike asked the hurt girl in front of him.

"i'm worried." el looked up.

"to be honest, me too. this upside down shit needs to-" mike began.

"no!" el interrupted.

"n-no? what do you mean-" mike was confused.

"i'm not talking about the upside down, i'm talking about my sister." el messed with her trouser leg as she spoke.

"y/n?" mike always found that girl mysterious, but he had grown to like her, maybe a bit too much. "why are you worried about her?"

"she keeps pushing herself over her limit, she worries about me too much." el's lips turn into a frown.

"well, you're her little sister, she loves you." mike nudges el's good leg.

el slightly smiles.

"yeah, i guess you're right. she's pretty bitchin'." el nods her head, her short hair falling into her eyes.

"yeah, bitchin'." mike smiles, completely agreeing with el's statement.

"do you like her?" el questions.

"well, who doesn't?" mike says.

"no, like the way that jonathan likes nancy, and the way lucas likes max, and the way hopper likes joyce." el goes on.

"love?" mike asks.

"yeah, love." el nods.

mike's eyes dart around the aisle, hoping that the eldest hopper daughter wasn't around.

"well, i guess i do." mike smiles, making a smile appear on eleven's face.

"i knew it!" el claps.

"shh!" mike puts a finger to his lips, signalling el to be quiet. "you can never tell y/n, okay?"

el nods her head, a smile permanently placed on her face.

"promise?" mike holds out his pinky finger.

"promise." el links her pinky with his.

a smile makes its way onto y/n's face as she stands behind the shelf where mike sits.

"he feels the same."