I'm Sorry

Hello! this started as a descriptive story i had to write for my english class but i made it reddie. it's also in lower case, so i'm sorry if that annoys you, but i actually find it easier to write like this.

hope everyone is safe inside and to the ones that have relatives working in an environment where they are exposed, i'm praying that they will be alright. i know how it feels to be afraid for their health, but they will pull through, we just have to stay positive.

Eddie watched from his doorstep as Richie walked away from his house.

It was extremely cold and pouring outside, but the curly haired boy was feeling rather warm due to the hot tears that seemed to endlessly fall down his cheeks like two waterfalls. He couldn't believe that Eddie Kaspbrak, his boyfriend- now ex - broke up with him. What did he do wrong? He thought that he loved him, but apparently not. Did those 3 years together really not matter to the boy? Richie continued to overthink what happened, but he had one question in his mind that repeated itself like a broken record: Why was I not good enough for him?

Eddie knew he should have went after him and explain himself, but he couldn't. It was too risky. He knew that if he did, Richie would insist that they run away together so Eddie could avoid being sent to the conversion camp that his mother has already signed him up for. No, he couldn't tell Richie the truth. He couldn't stand to be the one that ripped richie from the life he loves. his parents love and accept him, he has amazing friends. no, he won't tell him.

He let the sobs rip through his chest ,for there was nothing he could do but watch the love of his life slip through his fingers. he went back inside when he couldn't see Richie anymore  and to his room to pack his bag. he won't run away with richie, but he can do it alone. he hurried so he can leave before his mother comes back home. he packs as many clothes as he can fit, hygiene products, a photo of him and richie, a photo of the losers, cause he can't forget his friends, a book for the trip and all the money he has saved up. He thanks his younger self for thinking of saving college funds even though he was in middle school.

he looked at the clock and realized that he hurried to much, he still had 2 hours before his mother gets home. He contemplates on what he should do when he look at his desk to see his note book. he sits down at the desk and takes a pen.

"Dear losers,

i'm sorry i couldn't give you a proper goodbye, but i didn't have enough time. instead, i will leave you this letter.

thank you guys for being such good friends, i could never imagine that i would meet such wonderful people that would stay by my side no matter what. just know that i'm sorry that i had to leave, but there was no other choice and if i told you, you might do something stupid and i can't do that to you.

bye, my friends, i love you and i'm sorry."

he put it in an envelope and wrote for the losers  on it.

he ripped another page

"hi rich...

i'm sorry i had to break up with you, but believe me my reason is good. i couldn't tell you in person because i'm sure you would try to convince me that we can run away together but i can't make you leave your life here because i know even though the town is a little weird, it has all the people you love. 

i'm skipping towns. my mom enrolled me in a conversion camp and i refuse to go , but there is no other alternative than running away. maybe i will come back some day, and maybe, just maybe i will be lucky enough to find you again.

please don't be mad at me. believe me when i say i do love you and that  you are good enough (i know you too well and i'm sure this is what you're thinking about). i hope you understand why i did what i did and that you forgive me. I love you.

goodbye, love of my life. "

he looked it over and deemed it ready. he put it in another envelope on which he wrote for my soulmate

he looked at the clock again and was glad that he still had enough time. 

he looked at his room again. he had mixed feelings about this place. it was the room in which his mother forced him to take pills, but it was also the room which holds some of his favorite moments from his and richie's relationship. he decided to focus on the good part and he left the room, and therefore the house with tears in his eyes. 

the weather cleared a bit, it was still cloudy. he slowly made his way to richie's house, deciding that he will leave both envelopes there. 

as he walked to his destination he looked longingly at all the places he loved and that he would miss. he really didn't want to leave this place, but it was his only choice.

he arrived at richie's house and he left the letters on the doormat. he decided to look inside trough the side window. 

Richie was on the couch, rubbing his eyes as tears were still flowing freely. his mother was there, comforting her son. eddie didn't think he had any tears left to cry, but that was proved wrong when he burst out sobbing once again. he put his hand on the window like he could touch richie once more. 

maggie lift her head and sighed. she took a glance at the window and saw the culprit for her son's sadness. she was about to go over and give him a piece of her mind , but  she then saw eddie signing to stay quiet , made a motion with his head as if to day that he's sorry and then left.

and from there eddie didn't stop until he reached the bus station.

some time later...

richie's father entered the house with the two letters in his hand. he called for his son, but the boy didn't respond. he made his way to the living room where he found the latter with bloodshot eyes and drying tear tracks. he was looking blankly at the tea in his cup that his mom made for him. he looked at his wife for an explanation but she just looked sadly at him, not daring to say it out loud, afraid of making her son burst into tears again.

"um, rich , someone left these letters on the mat and i think they are for you." wentworth put them on his lap , cause the boy was giving no sign of moving.

richie looked at the envelope and the words stood out to him. he put the tea down and opened the first letter, adressed to all the losers. he skipped through it and frowned. he put it back and picked up the other envelope. he read this one carefully and as he finished he started crying again. 

his gave it to his mother ,brought his knees to his chest and buried his face in them. 

after his mother finished he had only one thing to ask her.

"mom, why does the world have to be so cruel?"