ii. Things to Know

ii. Things to Know

Here, I'll list some things to know about writing non-Christian books as a Christian writer on Wattpad. Let's start:

-The motivation behind your writing

The motivation behind your writing is crucial. Why are you writing this? Are you writing it to gain reads, votes, and followers, or are you writing to give God glory by using the gifts He's given you? Your heart should be in the right place. You should be motivated to write because of God, not because of popularity. We need to check our hearts on a regular basis, especially when writing non-Christian books.

-The knowledge behind your writing

The knowledge behind your writing is also very crucial. You need to know about God and the Bible before you try to write something non-Christian. For example, what are God's standards? Just because you don't label your book as "Christian" does not give you free reign to include mature sexual scenes, using the Lord's name in vain, cursing, and going against Christian morals (e.g., sex before marriage, homosexuality, etc).

-The outcome of your writing

What are you trying to gain from your writing? The glory of God, or the glory of yourself? Are you trying to get an outcome of popularity? And don't forget the outcome of your plot, which is just as important. Are you trying to accomplish something that goes against the Lord's standards? This one goes along with #1--check your heart.

Have anything you want to add? Please do so in the comments!

NEXT: Section Three