8

I wipe the sweat off of my forehead with the bottom of my shirt and try to calm my breathing

I wipe the sweat off of my forehead with the bottom of my shirt and try to calm my breathing. We have ran this play so many times I could do it with my eyes closed. It's too bad Braden and Michael can't pull it together. The play always goes askew when it's time for Braden to pass to Michael.

"Listen ladies, I don't know what needs to get through all of your heads to figure this shit out but we are not winning our game against Michigan if we continue down this road," Coach yells looking at the entire team. All of us are frustrated and there's tension. You can feel it suffocating the gym. "Braden how about next time you pass the ball to the hands of a real human being!"

"Run it again," our assistant coach, Keller, says sounding just as exhausted as the rest of us.

I take one final inhale before heading down the court for Jeremy to check the ball to me. I dribble it up the court as he runs back to play offense. Trey drops to the back as Robbie brings the pressure up to me. I dribble behind the three line and pass the ball to Braden. He makes a run into the middle faking a shot before passing it, harshly, to Michael. Who, thank fucking god, catches it before throwing it back to me. Robbie comes up to defend me but he's too late as I release the hall behind the three point line. I watch as the ball sinks into the net with a swish. My teammates sigh in relief that we have finally somewhat nailed the drill without Michael fucking missing the ball.

My muscles ache as Coach nods at us semi-pleased that we finally accomplished the drill. This practice was one of the worst. First, Cosch made us run suicides because two of the freshman fucked up and came in hungover from yesterday.

Coach whispers something to Keller and he nods his head at him. Before turning to us, the gym is silent besides all of our heavy breathing.

"You all need to pull it together for tomorrow's game. Work together as a team or we won't win. Simple as that. Fix your shit. Leave it off of the court tomorrow you all hear me? Michael and Braden especially," Coach states pointing his clipboard at Michael and Braden.

The two of them have been glaring and shoving each other all practice. Who knows what the two of them are bitching at each other about. Regardless, Coach is right. We do need to figure everything out before the game tomorrow.

"Locker room, now. And if I hear any of you went out tonight so help me god you will run until you puke on Monday's practice."

All of us nod our heads in understanding as we head for the locker room to change. I grab a towel from the back of the chair to wipe the sweat away from my face. Braden grabs the towel from next to me shaking out his hair while shooting a look at Michael. I roll my eyes at him and head towards the locker room.

If Braden is known for anything it's his robbery of the teams chicks. He pulls the robbery like its nothing. Usually they don't care cause majority of us only hookup once. Until Kyle, a senior captain, who was looking to date this girl Lenna last year, he did not think it was okay.