Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

O'Reilly's

KENNEDY

I had expected that there would be paparazzi outside, but nowhere near the amount that actually surrounded Madison Square Garden when we exited the arena. There were camera flashes coming from all different directions, and microphones were being pushed against the guys by the media.

The fans were screaming and surrounding the players as we made our way over to the waiting cars. The women were pretty much offering themselves up for the night while the cameramen were trying to get some juicy photos for their sleazy magazines. The players took it in stride but I was instantly uncomfortable. The whole scenario was so out of my comfort zone. I didn't want nor like to be in situations like that.

I bent my head down and let my long dark hair cover my face as we walked over to the waiting cars.

"Stay by me, Ken" Nash whispered and pulled me close to his side, keeping his strong arm around my back, successfully blocking me from most of the cameras, as we hurried forward. Mitchell was right behind us.

"Do you want to comment on the game, Nash?" somebody asked behind him.

"Who is the girl, Reed?" someone else shouted.

Nash didn't respond. He just tightened his grip around me and we picked up the pace while navigating through the crowd. He pulled open the door to the back seat of a black town car and ushered me in. I felt him follow inside right behind me. Mitchell went around the car and sunk down into the seat on my other side. I felt instantly better. Safe and sound between two great big guys.

Nash gave the driver instructions on where we needed to go and I asked Mitchell what kind of place it was that we were going to.

"It's a cool bar. Pretty laid back for the most time. Usually not too much paparazzi, at least not inside."

"We are not staying long" Nash commented and gave me one of his heart-stopping smiles.

The car stopped after just a few minutes outside a quaint-looking bar that had green painted trim around the doors and windows. A large ornate sign with intricate scrollwork and "O'Reilly's" in the middle hung over an oversized wooden door. Nash opened the car door and took my hand in his. I followed him through the crowd onto the sidewalk. There were quite a few paparazzi around here too. Not as much as it had been by the Garden but enough that it was interfering with our plans. I hoped that Mitchell was correct and that they weren't inside.

"Nash, do you want to comment on the game?"

"Nash, who is the girl?"

"Reed, is she your girlfriend?"

"Mr. Reed, do you want to comment on the best game of your life?"

The media kept throwing questions at Nash faster than he could open his mouth to respond. 

"I got her, Nash." Mitchell wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me away from Nash and the media. He led me into the bar, leaving Nash alone to deal with the paparazzi. 

"Is he gonna be okay?" I asked Mitch when the door closed behind us. I don't know why I was worried that Nash was left alone outside to deal with all the media, but I was.

"Yeah," Mitchell squeezed his arm around me. There was a smile on his lips and amusement showed in his bright blue eyes as he looked down at me. "He is used to it, Kennedy. Don't worry about Nash, okay. He will be in here in soon."

"Alright." I agreed but it was easier said than done. I tried to catch a glimpse of him through the window, but Michell pulled me away from the flashing lights outside towards the rear of the bar.