Prologue

"Adams," his voice was husky. It was our time. 1:45.

"What do you want, Chase?" I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I looked up at the lost boy. His blue eyes are looking down at me, and a smile has crept over his face.

"Chase, what do you want?" I groaned.

"It's 1:45," he replied as if I should know the answer, and I did.

"Chase, I am thirteen. You are fourteen, and we are supposed to be asleep by now!" I whined.

"But-" I interrupted him.

"No buts, chase, you already heard my ugly voice. Please go sleep before your mom catches us."

"I'm not leaving, Adams," he stubbornly said. "We are supposed to hug at 1:45; too bad we missed it because of you."

"Don't be such a baby about it," I whined for the second time.

"Calling me a baby while you're whining? How ironic," Chase stood on my king-sized bed. "You hurt my feelings, Scarlett."

He jumped down and went out of the room. I sighed. I realized that I messed up, but I was tired from studying all day.

I needed rest.

I did not know what was special about that time.

Ugh.

****

Waking up before the alarm is something I've always done, but waking up after the notice is something I've never done and never thought I'd do.

Jumping up from the bed to the floor wasn't a good idea; I accidentally twisted my ankle. I tried to walk as a bunch of 'ow's came out of my mouth.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Eleanor, Chase's mother, called out.

"Ellie, I'm super late!" I groaned. I walked down the stairs, shrieking with pain. I heard footsteps coming from down the stairs, appearing. In front of me was Eleanor.

"Scar, it's swollen! What did you do?" She scrunched her nose up.

I bit my lip to avoid screaming in pain. Oh lord, what did I do?

***

My life is not perfect, and it has never been perfect.

I've never been happy before, adequately delighted. Ever since I lost both my parents simultaneously, I lost hope in life; I gave up.

I was almost happy when Eleanor and Joey welcomed me to their family. They opened their arms for a girl with no parents, for an orphan.

However, they didn't have a daughter. They had four sons; Tyler, Leo, Chase, and Luke.

They're all fantastic, I'm not going to lie, and I don't see them as brothers. I have had feelings for Leo for the last three years, but I don't dare confront him.

The only person who knows about my secret crush is Chase, the cold-hearted guy. The guy who always makes me think and wonder why the hell does he wake me up at 1:45 A.M?

***

Long introduction, but hopefully, you've got to know Scarlett a bit.

Welcome to my new book, guys!

And hey to all my friends who are reading this. Shout out to you!

Thank you for clicking on this book. I hope you guys enjoy this story!

Vote 🗳
Comment
Share!

~ Be safe!